Business Analyst, HR Projects & Development (2 Positions)
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to becoming Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU and @RyersonHRon Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA at Ryerson and we're intentional about making sure these values are part of everything we do. As employers, we're working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2016.
We are a team of human resources experts and innovators who contribute to the achievement of Ryerson University's strategic priorities. We partner with our clients to create and deliver outstanding practical and strategic human resource solutions, programs and services that enhance workplace culture, engagement and inclusion. You can find out more about our people first philosophy and values by reading about who we are and what we do online.
As a member of the HR Projects and Development team, you will provide business requirements gathering, fit-gap analysis, build solution proposals, perform unit testing, manage UAT testing, and perform software configuration as part of our implementation and continued support business model for our Human Resource technology solutions including but not limited to Oracle PeopleSoft HCM. In addition, this role requires a need for strong documentation as part of all aspects and phases of the project life cycle, and that the incumbent is able to clearly understand and define both business and user requirements. Solid communication and prior teamwork are key, as this role will interface with a number of business units and IT development/infrastructure support on a consistent/regular basis.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in an Information Technology Management or Computer Science Program, or a degree in a Human Resources program combined with subsequent formal experience that includes Oracle PeopleSoft products, PeopleTools and writing/understanding SQL and normalized data/table structures; along with three to five (3-5) years of experience with:
- translating HR business requirements into ERP application functionality, including process design, configuration and testing, preferably in a higher education or public sector organization.
- implementing ERP applications, with emphasis on recent experience in two or more of the following areas: records management, payroll, time and/or absence reporting, recruiting, total compensation, commitment accounting, reporting and/or security.
- designing and implementing custom solutions related to Oracle PeopleSoft HCM functionality.
- working with relational databases
- designing complex reporting extracts
- Equivalent education and experience with other ERP products (such as Oracle EBS, SAP, Workday, etc) may be considered. Business Analyst certification is an asset.
- Excellent, well developed, analytical skills to consider and balance functional requirements against technology constraints and the ability to conceive of alternative approaches and strategies balancing business and end-user needs against a sound technical approach.
- Proven experience and documentation capability in business requirements gathering, fit-gap analysis, solution design and proposal.
- Good knowledge of existing and emerging technologies related to HR systems and web-based applications.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-direction while understanding the importance of teamwork, consultation and communication.
- Well developed listening skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people and business issues with technical people.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure quality and timeliness of work
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- HR Consultant - Firm Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Information Technology, Software, Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto