Manager, Process Optimization and Systems
The Manager, Process Optimization and Systems brings a forward-thinking approach to process improvement, project management and systems expertise to optimize the University of Guelph’s Human Resources technologies in maximizing efficiency, effectiveness and service delivery. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources (Total Compensation), the Manager will support cross-functional HR initiatives and provide process improvement and/or technology solutions to drive efficiencies and align with strategic priorities. The Manager will develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of HR systems in addition to current and future-state Human Resources services and supporting business processes and is responsible to lead the appropriate and on-going review and modification to workflows, processes and systems as demands and requirements change.
As a key contact to the University’s Computing and Communication Services (CCS) department, the Manager works in partnership with CCS and is responsible for maintaining, leveraging and where appropriate, expanding the use of technology and HRIS related systems within Human Resources. In this capacity, the Manager works closely with Human Resources and campus stakeholders to: gather requirements, define and document business processes and procedures, use data insights, process knowledge and critical thinking to identify and validate process improvement opportunities and develop business cases for strategic and continuous improvement projects. The Manager leads multiple projects simultaneously and is responsible for all supporting project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables including supporting change management strategies as well as developing any required training.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing technical Human Resources projects and maintaining/optimizing progressive HRIS systems within a large, complex environment;
- Strong process analysis and development experience;
- Experience with system implementation and associated change management and testing protocols;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as database and project management software;
- Strong and effective leadership of projects with demonstrated ability to establish priorities and deliver strategic and tactical objectives;
- Strategic thinking with proven analytical/problem solving skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus and solution orientation;
- Ability to read and understand legislation and collective agreements;
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet established deadlines and manage often conflicting priorities;
- Ability to handle matters requiring high level of diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality;
- High degree of accountability, flexibility and mature adaptability;
- Knowledge of HR business processes, policies and procedures and other related legislation;
- Knowledge and understanding of University policies, procedures and collective agreements is considered a strong asset.
Position Number 060-074
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
Applications, quoting the Hiring Number 2018-0105, must be sent to: email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.