Director of Human Resoures
Algoma University has a special mission “to be a teaching-oriented university that provides programs in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs, primarily at the undergraduate level, with a particular focus on the needs of Northern Ontario, and to cultivate cross cultural learning between Aboriginal communities and other communities, in keeping with the history of Algoma University and its geographic site.” With its beautiful main campus in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, at the heart of the Great Lakes, and extension programming in Brampton and Timmins, Algoma University offers students, faculty, administrators and staff the opportunity to live, learn, study and work together in a diverse environment.
The University is seeking a Director of Human Resources that will report to the Vice-President of Finance and Operations. The Human Resources Director will have significant HR leadership experience, including experience and credentials in the field of Human Resource Management. The ideal candidate will have a record of demonstrated success in the areas of employee/labour relations, performance management, leadership development, talent management, culture, compensation and Health and Safety.
What is Algoma University looking for in our next HR Leader?
- A champion of change. You will be a proven people leader with the ability to lead, motivate and manage change.
- Organizational culture. You have the ability to lead and foster a positive, respectful and engaged workplace.
- Performance management. You support teams with the development of objectives, indicators/metrics and successful implementation strategies.
- Talent development. You possess the ability and passion to support employee development initiatives to ensure strategic and organizational success.
- Future focused. You have the ability to look beyond the moment and to make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- Driven by collective success. Your leadership style values teamwork and collaboration.
- Heritage honoured. You have a deep appreciation of the history and geographical site of Algoma University and an understanding of Chief Shingwauk’s vision and the special mission of the university.
To explore this key leadership position at Algoma University further, please contact our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Algoma University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our community and is an equal opportunity employer. The university invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by Algoma University throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.