Human Resource Consultant
Human Resource Consultant
Competition # 89-18
Department: Human Resources and Organizational Development
Posting Date: March 28, 2018
Salary Range: $ 86,063 - $ 114,752
Effective Date: ASAP – April 19, 2019
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION
The Human Resource Consultant is responsible for human resource functions which support the college’s strategic plan, developing positive relations between unions and management, and providing advice and guidance to managers and employees regarding human resource issues. The incumbent will have broad HR responsibility for a portfolio comprised of various academic areas and staff departments within the College. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interpreting various human resource, collective bargaining, and legislative documents and providing timely direction, counsel and advise
- Advising and providing direction to College managers and staff on various human resource issues
- Supporting and developing strong labour relations through regular discussion and problem solving with union groups, staff and managers; providing counsel/advice to various parties; membership on committees
- Collaborating with managers to develop organization structure, work assignments and job descriptions
- Evaluating job descriptions for classification purposes
- Preparing for and acting as College representative in grievance hearings and arbitration proceedings
- Developing and implementing college and human resource programs, projects and procedures
- Successfully completed a postsecondary education in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or human resources
- Designation in human resources (CHRL, CHRE) is an asset
- Extensive and progressive human resources experience including management and labour relations experience in an environment where collaborative relationships are encouraged. Broad HR generalist knowledge base
- Management experience with job design, job description development and position evaluation/classification systems
- Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge of relevant legislation, collective agreement administration and the grievance processes
- Experience with change management initiatives
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to develop collaborative relationships, conduct negotiations, resolve disputes, and present cases
- Demonstrated analytical skills and critical thinking, with proven ability to handle multi-dimensional problems, apply best practice techniques, evaluate solutions and make effective recommendations
- A conflict resolution/alternate dispute resolution certification would be an asset
- Proven planning and organizational skills to effectively coordinate all activities
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career opportunities.
This position is open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Barrie
- HR Consultant - Firm Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Barrie