Cara Operations Limited is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
CARA is seeking a highly engaged, organized, and personable Manager, Recruitment to join our team and lead this function for the organization. In this role, you will design, create, and direct our hiring initiatives as we seek new talent throughout our organization at all levels. You will lead all recruitment initiatives by partnering with Brand Leaders across the nation and across all banners to create and implement recruitment strategies to support all initiatives and needs.
- Lead and ‘OWN’ the Recruitment Function for the corporation;
- Develop, implement, coach and monitor Recruitment Strategies for entire organization;
- Partner with Brands and business leaders to identify hiring needs; recommend recruitment options, source external and internal talent to meet hiring commitments and provide insights and recommendations about potential candidate qualifications;
- Execute recruitment searches in a timely manner to meet the client’s needs and communicate regularly with Brand business leaders to ensure recruitment needs are met in a timely matter;
- Manage a high volume of recruitment searches for all Brands with a sense of urgency and attention to detail;
- Manage and organize all hiring processes from start-to-finish by recruiting candidates, assessing resumes, interviewing, hiring, and managing open searches;
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with all Brand Leaders/restaurants, ensuring high level of client service, providing follow up to both business partners and potential candidates;
- Maintain an accurate database and tracking system for clients and candidates;
- Manage selection process and background checks, while abiding by all company policy and legislation;
- Prepare offer letters and Personnel Requisition Forms along with other administrative material as per company process for new hires, collect and distribute on boarding material and communication;
- Make recommendations to develop and improve recruitment tools processes and strategies;
- Make decisions on vendor relationships, budgets and process design;
- Other duties assigned.
- Post secondary degree in Human Resource or Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the Recruitment Field;
- Restaurant, hospitality or retail industry experience is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills, team first attitude, and strong organizational skills
- Results driven, very high sense of urgency;
- Ability to work across multiple business groups with a proven ability to develop long-term client relationships;
- Strong project management and prioritization skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional Customer Service skills;
- Thrives in a high paced environment with a willingness to take on new tasks and assignments
- Agile and flexible, with the ability to pivot and turn with short notice to adjust to changing demands
Here at Cara we offer a completive salary, RSP contributions, Group Insurance, on site gym, a subsidized bisto at our head office, lots of opportunities for growth and development and a 20% discount at most of our branded restaurants – Cara is a great place to work!
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
Please note that an offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.