Specialist, Learning & OD (12 months)
Alectra’s family of energy companies distributes electricity to nearly one million customers in 15 communities within an 1,800 square kilometer service area in Ontario’s Greater Golden Horseshoe Area, and provides innovative energy solutions to these and thousands more across the province. Our employees are allies in helping our customers discover the possibilities of energy conservation and new technologies for enhancing their quality of life.
The family of companies includes the holding company, Alectra Inc.(Mississauga, Ontario), the regulated electricity distribution company, Alectra Utilities Corporation (Hamilton, Ontario) and the non-regulated company, Alectra Energy Solutions Inc.(Vaughan, Ontario).
The Specialist, Learning & Organizational Development (OD) provides subject matter expertise for matters related to: Learning & Leadership Development, Organizational Effectiveness, Employee Engagement and Culture program development and delivery. This role fosters and maintains positive, collaborative and productive relationships to deliver all HR programs and supporting procedures.
- Develops and delivers learning and leadership programs and workshops, including content design
- Leads change management and organizational effectiveness initiatives, including development and delivery of training/educational materials, pilot testing and communications
- Consults with internal stakeholders in the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to facilitate attraction, development and retention of people
- Supports development and implementation of corporate policies, processes and programs as they relate to OD initiatives, including Performance Management, Workforce/Succession Planning, Diversity & Inclusion, etc.
- Leads the design, implementation and facilitation of employee surveys and action planning
- Identifies trends and best practices and provides recommendations of new approaches to ensure continuous improvement and enhance organizational effectiveness, employee satisfaction, culture and business performance
- Provides technical expertise in the planning, design and implementation of projects and key initiatives
- Identifies opportunities to streamline or automate processes to continuously improve service delivery
- Ensures compliance to legislative, regulatory and Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related discipline
- CHRL Designation preferred
- Change Management Designation an asset
- Must hold and maintain a valid class “G” driver’s license
- Knowledge of a wide range of human resources subjects which can be applied to OD initiatives and programs
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and HR systems
- Minimum four years in a business-related HR role
- Experience in organizational effectiveness, performance management, adult education and/or change management
- Experience in a unionized utility environment an asset
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to provide practical and/or innovative solutions to complex issues
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to explain technical information in an organized and concise way
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
*12 month temporary contract*
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.
You can also submit a resume for us to keep on file and review as new opportunities arise that might be the right fit for your skills and experience.
Alectra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a recruitment process that respects the dignity and independence of all candidates. Should you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment, assessment and selection process please consult with Alectra’s People Team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Alectra. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.