Senior HR Specialist - Talent Management & Development
5 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
The Talent Management & Development Manager is responsible for driving our Agency’s talent management and development initiatives by identifying and assessing future and current needs in alignment with our Strategic Plan. Drives the development of an Agency learning culture while fostering an inclusive culture where all employees can leverage their unique talents. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing the annual organizational training/development strategy and budget and overseeing its implementation and assessing outcomes to build competency at the Agency. This role is also responsible for recruiting, staffing and succession planning by developing talent acquisition & succession strategies.
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, OD/HRD, Education or relevant field
- Additional certification (CHRL, CTDP) is a plus
- Knowledge of Child Welfare; legislation, Ministry Standards is an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in consulting, designing, and implementing talent, leadership and professional development programs and initiatives
- Additional experience in other HR disciplines preferred
- At least 3 years in full life cycle recruiting
- Knowledge of and experience in application of adult learning theory
- Track record in evaluating and executing successful training programs
- Understanding of recruitment selection methods and proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Familiarity with development and execution of performance management process
- Facilitated leadership and team development at all levels
- Motivated and inspired leaders to create strong learning outcomes
- Cross-functional project management experience and/or change management experience.
- Ability to prioritize, direct and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adept at coaching and facilitation, with problem-solving skills and an adaptable communication style
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to use technology to assist in the delivery of training
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Proficiency in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Explorer
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Agency’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Identify and report any health and safety issues.
- Assist in the development of health and safety solutions through a Joint Health and Safety Committee representative.
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Encourage the development of a learning culture within the Agency ensuring all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s Strategic Plan and builds capability in our employees
- Develop internal training needs assessment processes as required to ensure staff training is targeted at the identified needs of the Agency.
- Develop and deliver a robust talent development/learning calendar for the Agency. Partner with OACAS and internal leaders to develop/implement learning modules, programs, and events that ensure we develop and retain key talent
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Work with OACAS and Regional partners to leverage training and tools which increase our employees’ level of knowledge and confidence in serving our clients and internal customers
- Develop and maintain training and development programs for the agency soft and technical/clinical skills including both internal/external including programs offered by OACAS.
- Deliver courses as approved in any or all of the Child Welfare Professional Training series, Trainer Development program streams; serving as a trainer in a variety of capacities; in the classroom, on a web-based discussion group, supporting learners engaged in self-study, etc.
- Act as a resource to Agency management team regarding training and learning programs, initiatives and processes.
- Create, and facilitate meetings, webinars, and customized training initiatives outsourcing to external partners when needed.
- Manage vendor selection for training programs including RFP process.
- Create learning plans for assigned job roles based on learner needs.
- Create, coordinate, organize, and project manage the delivery of internal soft skills training from on-boarding, to future skill-based training.
- Provide internal consulting to management and drive organization change.
- Assess effectiveness of learning initiatives, produce insights and help communicate these outcomes to key business stakeholders.
- Partner with organization leaders to provide professional consultation in areas related to talent acquisition, talent assessment, policies/procedures, succession planning, employee relations, and retention initiatives.
- Develop and implement recruiting plans for the delivery of high quality candidates ranging from entry level to management positions.
- Manage activities relating to recruitment, staffing, performance management and employment practices that support the Strategic Plan
- Forecast current staffing needs and make recommendations to Senior Leadership
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions in accordance with the collective agreement and anticipate future needs based on ongoing monitoring of Agency forecast
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening calls etc.)
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Organize and/or attend career fairs or other events
- Support Leaders on the development of job descriptions for new and existing positions and create effective job postings.
- Transform our induction process to create inspiration and engagement
- Lead our internal Performance Development process (performance rating, development planning, coaching conversations, and feedback) including timeline, instructional tools and online systems support
- Collaborate with assigned managers to ensure follow up on recommendations outlined in Performance Reviews, Personnel Files and Individual Training Needs Assessments.
- Assist in the Facilitation of the Annual Talent Review/Succession Planning Cycle
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership on solutions related to the assessment and development of high potential talent track and assist in the development of individual development plans to address gaps identified in the Talent and Performance
- Design and deliver organizational effectiveness tools and programs to support change management, team effectiveness, and employee engagement.
- Follow up with new employees to ensure orientation and onboarding activities are completed and they are comfortable in their new roles. Provide information as required.
- Conduct Stay Interviews with New Hires making recommendations to identify and resolve gaps and concerns
- Assist with employee relations by responding to enquiries and providing guidance concerning collective agreement, HR policy and practices.
- Ensure appropriate referrals, consultations, follow up by appropriate personnel as well as facilitate meetings to conduct problem solving if/when required.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex employee problems and effectively communicate rationale with key stakeholders, while remaining sensitive to employee concerns.
- Contribute as requested to projects and assignments related to employee services and labour management concerns.
- Conducts internal investigations into employment related matters and brings to resolution.
- Demonstrate knowledge and fluency in employment legislation and ensure compliance.
Compliance, Reporting & Administration
- Provide statistics/reports on Recruitment activities, Talent Management/Development initiatives.
- Work with other HR and IT staff to ensure efficient system of record keeping and maintain up-to-date training and orientation records on all employees.
- Drive continuous improvement through development of IDP and Annual training plan.
- Create and manage the annual staff training budgets including quarterly reports, expenses paid, current balances and projections for remaining portion of the year.
- Develop in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, the annual Service Plan as it relates to Staff Training and the Agency orientation program including creating and monitoring the Agency training calendar reflecting the identified needs.
- Track and report on Agency French Language staffing needs
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs impact, effectiveness and ROI Coordinate training schedules, track administration, and completion of training to ensure that expectations are met and provide reports to management as required
- Track, interpret and report succession planning metrics.
- Identify long-term trends in Talent Development data and provide recommendations to Sr. Leadership and key stakeholders to support decision making or plans of action
Committees & Contacts
- Member of JJEC as a non-unionized representative and follow up on evaluation activities.
- Develops and maintains contacts with professional associations, and other relevant organizations to remain current in the field.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with the OACAS, regional Child Welfare Training Committees, Universities and Colleges recruitment organizations.
- Represent the Agency on the Eastern Zone and Provincial Training Network and any other applicable OACAS committees.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues and Agency leaders to develop and deliver solutions related to performance development, succession planning, talent development and talent acquisition.
- Carry out such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Director, Human Resources.
- Maintain ongoing professional development in areas related to personal training expertise, as well as in the area of adult education and training delivery in general.
- Research and develop first drafts of Human Resources policies