Under the general supervision of the Payroll Analyst and within established policies, procedures and guidelines, assists with the preparing, calculating and analysis of the bi-weekly payroll for the Niagara Parks Commission. This position will also provide regular analysis and reporting metrics as it relates to payroll, leave and time and attendance policies.
- Completion of Post Secondary program in Finance/Accounting/HR or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience managing end to end payroll and implementing process improvements or best practice initiatives within a payroll environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills on complex issues.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, identify problems, then develop and implement solutions while working on tight deadlines and balancing workloads.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills in both verbal and written formats to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage time and completing priorities effectively is required while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Strong customer service orientation to ensure the needs of your internal/external clients are effectively met.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as other HRIS systems.
- Experience with Time and Attendance Management software.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience with ADP Workforce now/Ceridian.
- Experience in unionized environment. Experience with Defined Benefit Pension Plans.
- Experience with implementing payroll software.
- Performs and reviews accurate calculations, online timecards and leave calculations from payroll systems including retroactive pay changes, taxes, voluntary and mandatory deductions and updating banking information.
- Monitor and report payroll error trends to Manager, educate department leaders on process or changes.
- Assists in Providing costing to Human Resources on Collective Agreement propositions for bargaining.
- Assist in Reconciling the payroll accounts and prepare payroll General Ledger entry for Finance-based on post payroll reporting.
- Assists with the preparation of the Vacation Liability and Retiring Allowance reports to Finance as required.
- Assists with Service and Earnings reports, upon request.
- Assists their Manager with quarterly reconciliation reports on costs and deduction trends.
- Oversees the payroll clerks including assigning and checking work, authorizing overtime and vacations.
Applications for this position will be accepted until May 23, 2018. Visit niagaraparks.com/careers to create a profile and submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Niagara Parks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact Niagara Parks at 905.295.4396 x3255 or by email to email@example.com