Human Resources Generalist, Recruitment
Cambrian College’s Human Resources department requires a Human Resources Generalist, focusing on recruitment beginning August 2018.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Accountable for the hiring and selection process for all academic, administrative, and support staff vacancies to ensure a fair recruitment process and compliance with established internal standards and policies, as well as adherence to collective agreements.
- Provide professional recommendations regarding effective interview processes that will elicit meaningful information from candidates.
- Participate as an interview committee member and provide guidance to ensure the best qualified candidate is selected on the basis of all sources of information obtained and provide hiring recommendations.
- Screen and assess applications to ensure that the candidate meets the requirements for the position.
- Coordinate and schedule all candidates selected for an interview.
- Develop interview questions, appropriate testing and presentations, and prepare interview packages for the selection committee.
- Complete appropriate reference checks.
- Monitor and maintain the Human Resources inbox to ensure all applications received are entered into the appropriate competition file and that applications which are submitted include appropriate documentation.
- Maintain an up-to-date database.
- Provide supportive feedback to internal and external unsuccessful candidates.
- Answer all general inquiries from staff and the public regarding employment opportunities.
- Deliver training to new managers on the selection and recruitment process.
- Track interview statistics for all full-time and part-time interviews.
- Provide assistance to the Benefits Management Coordinator when required.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma, preferably in Human Resources Management. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of related work experience in Human Resources with a strong focus on employee recruitment.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills with the ability to function effectively while balancing multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong team builder with the talent to foster and maintain effective working relationships throughout the College.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service and client confidentiality.
- Human Resources Certification.
- Experience working within a unionized environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Postsecondary diploma.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to app