Senior Manager, Career Education
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as part of our DNA - our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonEDI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Ryerson Career & Co-op Centre
At the Ryerson Career & Co-op Centre, we build careers for life. We are committed to providing our students and alumni with innovative career assessment and development skills so they can excel in the workplace now and throughout their careers. Canada’s top employers will receive customized recruiting opportunities and strategies to connect with and hire the best possible candidates, whether current students, adult learners, or recent graduates.
As the Senior Manager, Career Education, you will manage the delivery and implementation of Ryerson Career and Co-op Centre’s career education portfolio which includes providing leadership in developing partnerships, both internally and externally. You will steer the Career Education team to provide tailored and exceptional delivery of the career education portfolio both centrally and in Faculties, with a focus on ensuring Ryerson students are equipped to explore career paths, develop their professional portfolio and thrive upon graduation. You will be responsible for operational and client service excellence to support Ryerson’s diverse student body with obtaining high impact career education to equip our students to thrive as they build their ‘careers for life’.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in a related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience in an academic and/or recruiting environment, with at least two years of experience managing staff in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in outreach, developing internal and external partnerships, creating new graduate opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills; tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, research, database mining, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong listening and coaching skills.
- Strong management/supervisory skills.
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder relations and bringing parties together to reach acommon goal.
- Knowledge of working in a student affairs/student services environment.
- Expertise in career development theory, job search techniques and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of labour market conditions, occupations and professions.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, experiential learning and corresponding best practice.
- Knowledge and experience in psychometric instruments (e.g. Gallup StrengthsFinder).
- Knowledge of accounting methods and practices.
- Knowledge of the use of technology and social media to have the ability to foster a more efficient and highly engaging experience for students and staff.
Additional Requirements: Along with your cover letter and resume, please complete the statements below in support of your application; each statement should not exceed 300 words. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please provide an overview of your experience in the development of programming to support individuals’ career, professional or experiential learning.
- Describe your experience in managing, developing and building thriving teams.
- Cross-functional relationships are critical to Ryerson’s success. Please outline an example(s) illustrating your experience, in influencing and collaborating with a wide range of partners to achieve program objectives and the approach taken to ensure success.
- Any additional information you would like to share (this is optional with a maximum of 150 word response).
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through an occupational test.
- Candidates must have demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can be accepted only online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page.