Human Resources Administrator
The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), established in 1945, is recognized internationally for excellence in chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Vision: Our vision is to be an academic institution recognized for creating leaders in spinal health.
Mission: Our mission is to deliver world class chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Our employees have a commitment and dedication to the advancement of health care. We continue to seek talented individuals who make a positive difference in living our vision and mission.
Human Resources Administrator (35 hours/week)
Director, Human Resources and Employee Engagement
Start Date: ASAP
Job Posting Date: June 14, 2018
Application Deadline: June 24, 2018
Interested internal applicants to apply via HROnline by uploading a CV and covering letter.
Interested external applicants to upload a covering letter stating salary expectations and CV via Career Connector at https://careers.cmcc.ca/
The HR Administrator supports the Human Resources Division with administrative processes, projects as well as front-line customer service. The incumbent will organize, schedule and maintain HR processes, services, policies, programs and events, as well as assist with the recruitment, selection and onboarding processes for employees. The HR Administrator will also provide day-to-day support to the HR Director, organize employee events, plan and deliver orientation and other initial training programs, as well as maintain employee files using HRMS. The role would also be responsible for planning and organizing CMCC’s employee wellness and engagement programs and initiatives.
- Acts as first-line of contact for all employee inquiries. Investigates and responds to questions and concerns regarding benefits, time off, policy & procedures etc., and escalates/redirects as needed. Provides day-to-day support to HR Director on various HR functions and projects as required.
- Assists with the full-cycle recruitment process, including but not limited to following up on staffing requisitions to ensure that they are approved, creating job postings, setting up interviews and coordinating panel members. May be asked to represent HR at interview panel and monitoring interviews to ensure that procedures are followed. May assist with initial telephone screen interviews, conducting reference and credential checks, preparing offers of employment, obtaining new employee documentation, and conducting Employee Orientation and Exit Interviews as directed.
- Assists with inputting all new hire information and employee changes into Avanti Integrated HR/Payroll HRM system. Maintains employee files using internal HRM System and current Organizational Charts using Visio. Maintains the HR Shared Drive, Employee Self-Serve (ESS) and Document Management System (DMS) repositories.
- Plans and organizes programs and initiatives to meet wellness and engagement goals of HR/Institution. Evaluates and measures the outcomes of programs. Researches/knowledge of workplace wellness & engagement, health promotion, physical wellness, stress management and goal setting.
- Plans and organizes Human Resources driven events including, but limited to, Take Our Kids to Work Day, Annual Celebratory Dinner & Awards, Social Club events, as well coordinate Academic Scholarship for Children of CMCC Employee program.
- Tracks employee resumes & academic credentials of all new hires ensuring original transcripts are kept on file. Monitors CVs to ensure they are completed in CMCC format for all new faculties; assists with the renewal process of faculty CVs on an annual basis. Monitors for credential updates to ensure their inclusion in the annual Academic Calendar.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 3-year College Diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- Enrolment in CHRP
- Wellness and/or Health Promotion program through a community college is considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative human-resources role in a professional environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Visio an asset
- Knowledge of Health and Wellness, and Employee Engagement programs
- Knowledge of HR-related legislation including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and a team player
- Detail orientation and numerical aptitude
- Customer focus
- Organized with the ability to multitask
- Models professional attributes and the core values of CMCC, Communication, Accountability, Respect & Excellence
Internal applicants are required to inform their Division Director of their intentions to apply, prior to doing so.
We thank all candidates in advance, but only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the job posting will be contacted.
Successful applicants shall be required to provide original transcripts to validate their academic qualifications as a condition of employment at CMCC. Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of references.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and CMCC Accessibility Policy, accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request for all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance. Please contact Human Resources at 416-482-2340.