Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of innovative, cost-effective environmental services and recycling solutions that help address industry’s complex environmental challenges. Headquartered in Burlington, Ont., Terrapure employs 1,000 people and operates an integrated network of over 30 government-regulated facilities from coast to coast.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, the company provides services that minimize waste and maximize the recovery or recycling of valuable industrial by-products through its facility network and on customer sites. This includes a used lubricating oil re-refinery in North Vancouver, B.C.; Canada’s largest lead-acid battery recycling operations, with facilities in Mississauga, Ont. and Ville Ste-Catherine, Que.; an engineered non-hazardous industrial waste landfill in Stoney Creek, Ont.; as well as operations that reduce costs and enhance the environmental sustainability of industry sectors, including automotive; chemical, petro-chemical and refineries; manufacturing; marine; mining; municipal; pulp and paper; and transportation.
For more information, visit www.terrapureenv.com
The Manager, Talent will play a key role on our Human Resources team by providing organizational wide consultation and project/program management solutions to improve organizational effectiveness and workforce capability. Working closely and collaboratively with business leaders and the Human Resources team, the incumbent will develop, implement and support structures, systems, processes and programs around culture and engagement, performance management, talent management, leadership development, change management, succession planning, and competency frameworks.
- Participate in the design and delivery of an integrated talent management vision and framework to build organizational capacity in support of the company’s mission, vision, strategic objectives and cultural evolution.
- Partner and collaborate with business leaders and the Human Resources team to conduct a formal needs analysis and assess current organizational effectiveness and capability to identify gaps through data analysis, while building an understanding of the knowledge, competencies and skills required to move the organization forward and that align with long-term organizational goals and effectiveness.
- Identify, recommend and build a business case inspired by best practices for organizational development and learning solutions to address knowledge, competency and skill gaps, ranging from leadership, talent, culture, succession planning, coaching and mentorship, engagement and performance initiatives.
- Design and execute in-house solutions that include a blended approach that is sustainable, scalable, measureable, and cost effective.
- In collaboration with business leaders and the Human Resources team drive the execution of company wide initiatives to build talent capability across the organization through initiatives/programs such as change management, diversity and inclusion, performance management, employee experience and engagement, selection and assessment, personal/career development and succession planning.
- Develop communication plans, toolkits, resources and full project management processes to ensure successful implementation of programs and tools.
- Create and implement consistent standards for all key talent development initiatives (i.e. needs analysis, design, consistent content and evaluation) in order to ensure the highest level of quality is delivered and consistent evaluation of delivery and success of programs and solutions.
- Partner with the Human Resources Team in the design and delivery of talent management, organizational development, performance management, competency models, career development planning and pathing and Leadership Development initiatives to ensure achievement of organizational objectives with an ultimate focus on building future leadership talent.
- Partner and collaborate with the Human Resources team in developing a national recruitment strategy to attract, select and retain top talent aimed at increasing candidate engagement and facilitating an engaged onboarding experience that is continually evolving based on best practices.
- Build and track succession plans at the senior leadership levels, partnering with the Human Resources team to identify key risk areas, development plans and building talent pipelines.
- Provide business leaders and Human Resources team with effective systems, tools and processes required to address current and future talent needs and identify the necessary strategies and tactics to enable the organization to meet the short and long term objectives.
- Design and deliver cost effective performance management tools and processes which support an environment of open communication and feedback between employees and immediate supervisors. Facilitate change management initiatives and enhance the adoption of desired behaviours and practices consistent with organizational values.
- Direct the Employee Engagement survey activities. Provide results analysis and identify improvement opportunities; tailor solutions and facilitate initiatives to foster engagement and enablement at the organizational, branch and departmental level in partnership with the Human Resources Team.
- Research and leverage external solutions, while ensuring alignment to business priorities and cost effectiveness.
- Primary contact for external talent suppliers which are involved in areas related to workforce solutions, change management, competence building and workforce dynamics.
- Maintain advisory/consultative relationships with colleagues through as subject-matter expert for talent development challenges and opportunities driven by industry best practices.
- Act as lead Facilitator on key efforts & manage other related projects as assigned.
- Drive awareness and adoption of the 70/20/10 development model.
- Provide recommendations to HR Leadership Team to assist in determining long term plans/direction for the department (2-3 years)
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- University degree with additional training and/or focus in Human Resources Management and/or Organizational Development
- Demonstrated understanding and five + years’ experience developing and successfully implementing organizational development programs and initiatives.
- In depth experience with multiple approaches and technologies related to learning and development practices, performance management and talent management initiatives.
- Ability to think and plan strategically but execute and act on the tactical requirements needed
- Strong knowledge and experience in transformation and change management best practices and assessment tools.
- Experience focused on developing and coaching a high performance learning team; a desire to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Agile, change agent and advocate, able to balance business realities and adjust to change in an evolving environment.
- Proven track record in effectively influencing and navigating across organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships that produce mutual results.
- Strong learning project management – demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects in consultation with business experts, leaders and front line staff.
- Proven ability to make recommendations based on the interpretation of data analysis
- Energetic, passionate, with drive for excellence and making things happen.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com.
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.