Human Resources Manager
Reports To: VP Finance
About the company:
EBlock is an online vehicle auction where vehicles are bought and sold in 60 seconds. Our technology gives automotive dealers the opportunity to inspect and sell vehicles in a live online auction from their own dealerships. We greatly value our customers’ feedback and our goal at EBlock is to streamline and simplify the car buying, selling and appraising process; and, we believe our solutions, services, and our culture of energizing change, is second to none in the industry. EBlock staff are hyper-driven and constantly innovating to adapt to our changing needs; and our staff’s contributions foster a culture of positive energy and means everyone is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves to ultimately enhance our services and technology to better meet the needs of our customers.
EBlock is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to support EBlock and its sister company EDealer (one of the largest website providers for car dealers in Canada).
As an integral member of the leadership team, the Human Resources Manager needs to move at our pace, playing a supporting role in the strategic and operational goals of EBlock and its sister company, EDealer, and is responsible for leadership in human resources. The HR Manager is responsible for building the HR department for this new, expanding and innovative organization, and, for developing and implementing programs for a variety of HR initiatives such as; recruitment, performance management, policy development, job evaluation and classification, learning and development, benefits and compensation, and organizational safety and security. These responsibilities are to be part of an overall human resources strategy that is aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
This is an exciting time of growth for EBlock; and the Human Resources Manager’s role will be challenging and fast-paced. The HR Manager will act as a strong agent of change using both a consultative and hands-on approach and will leverage their broad generalist knowledge to quickly develop the company’s recruiting process ensuring compliance, integrity, equity and ultimately provide managers with the tools to effectively manage HR at the operational level. The HR Manager will work closely with management and staff to provide guidance and support that continues to foster a culture of energizing change and innovation, client-focus, professionalism, learning, and personal development.
1. HR Leadership
- Leads in the development and implementation of a comprehensive human resources strategy
- Develops new ways of attracting top talent, confirming best fit, and ensuring the company’s succession plan
- Provides strategic counsel and guidance on a variety of HR subjects (i.e. organizational design, HR practices, talent acquisition, employee development, engagement, performance management, employee relations, etc.)
- Drives a culture of growth, high performance and positive employee relations
- Maintains knowledge of and provides interpretation and advice on applicable HR legislation to shape decision-making
- Incorporates an understanding of business priorities and challenges, researches and provides recommendations to the Executive Team on significant HR issues, emerging trends, opportunities, technologies and industry/human resources best practice
- Partners with the Executive Team to gage key performance issues, objectives and drivers and their implications for people and organizational strategies
- Partners with internal stakeholders to implement effective communication processes that support and facilitate the ongoing development of company culture and employer branding
- Leads or executes HR programs such as training, employee recognition, activities and programs in a way that supports internal equity, engagement, and the company’s competitiveness
- Relevant other duties as assigned
2. HR Service Delivery
- Develops and implements HR programs supporting talent development, performance management, talent optimization, and employee engagement, among others
- Manages the recruiting process ensuring compliance, integrity, equity and provides managers with the tools to effectively manage HR at the operational level
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all legislative requirements for both Canada and USA
- Provides interpretation and advice on HR policies and procedures to managers and supervisors
- Delivers support to managers in drafting, updating, and evaluating job descriptions
- Implements and manages various compensation plan elements including assessing new/revised positions and making recommendations for any compensation changes to the VP Finance
- Provides counsel to the Executive Team, senior management, and staff, related to Human Resources concerns and options
- Maintains and ensures the security of files and records for staff resources of the company
- Administration of the employee benefit plans; educates on, maintains and manages renewal negotiations of employee benefits plans
- Oversight of the Company’s Occupational Health and Safety program
- Responds to internal and external HR related enquiries, as appropriate
3. Future Responsibilities
- Take the lead, from a HR perspective, with expansion into new countries to ensure local compliance
- Assisting with the upgrade of our HR systems
Experience & Education
- CHRP/CHRL or comparable professional human resources designation required
- University degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive human resources experience in a generalist capacity, or in a multi-function role where human resources is a significant area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated change management experience within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization
- Strong and extensive knowledge of up-to-date human resources practices, trends, and legislation.
- Experience advising senior management in a strategic capacity
- Experience in large volume recruitments, including systems and tools
- Experience researching and implementing HR systems, i.e. HRIS, online recruitment software, etc.
- English Essential
- Bilingualism (English & French) is a strong asset
Personal Suitability for Best Fit
- Effective collaboration and communications skills able to communicate at all levels, both strategically and operationally
- Client service focus and the ability to understand and predict client needs
- Innate aptitude for professional ethics and integrity
- Focus on continuous improvement both personally and professionally
- Forward-thinking change agent capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and projects
- Can effectively manage difficult and sensitive situations and conversations
- Highly energic and wants to be part of a very positive and growing organizations
- Capacity to lead strategically, roll up sleeves, and work collaboratively with teams
- Is level-headed with a positive attitude and strong emotional intelligence
- Can establish great rapport and credibility with all stakeholders utilizing tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence and build consensus across the organizations
- Thrives under pressure and a dynamic, hyper-evolving, hyper-changing organization
- Able to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests and successfully manage change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research, planning, organization, priority setting and project management skills to manage competing priorities
- Open-minded, seeks and values others’ input, expertise and feedback, demonstrating a willingness to learn from other team members
- Is a good listener, maintaining a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Is an ambitious go-getter, seeking growth and challenge
- Has work hour flexibility with occasional weekend or evening activities
- The work is performed in clean office environments
- The HR Manager will be required to travel periodically between Ottawa and Toronto offices
If you feel this is the right position for you, the personal suitability’s describe you, you meet the qualifications, and you are excited about working in a client-focused environment, please visit tapstrategyandhr.com for more details on submitting an application. EBlock is looking for the perfect fit, as such, this is an open recruitment. If you wish to be part of the first round of screenings, submit your application before July 27, 2018. Please ensure your application contains a cover letter that includes:
- The reference number HRM0618 in the subject line.
- Your salary expectation
While we would like to respond to all applicants, only those who are to be considered further will be contacted. tap Strategy & HR Consulting is leading this search on behalf of EBlock – please do not contact EBlock or EDealer directly.
EBlock respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require accessibility accommodation during this process – please let us know with an email to email@example.com and we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Information Technology, Software, Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Other Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Manager 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario