Human Resources Advisor - Contract (8-12 months)
Title: Human Resources Advisor
Job Type: Full-time, Contract (8-12 months)
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of professional, cost-effective environmental services and recycling solutions that help address industry’s complex environmental challenges. Headquartered in Burlington, Ont., Terrapure employs 1,000 people and operates an integrated network of over 30 government-regulated facilities from coast to coast.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, the company provides services that minimize waste and maximize the recovery or recycling of valuable industrial by-products through its facility network and on customer sites. This includes a used lubricating oil re-refinery in North Vancouver, B.C.; Canada’s largest lead-acid battery recycling facility in Ville Ste-Catherine, Que.; an engineered non-hazardous industrial waste landfill in Stoney Creek, Ont.; as well as operations that reduce costs and enhance the environmental sustainability of industry sectors, including automotive, chemical and petro-chemical, manufacturing, marine, mining, municipal, pulp and paper, and transportation.
For more information, visit www.terrapureenv.com
Due to recent merger and acquisition activity, we are currently seeking two dynamic and experienced HR Advisors to temporarily join our team. Reporting to the department Manager, the HR Advisor will provide integration support related to merger and acquisition activity, as well as providing backup support for other HR Advisors. The Advisor’s main function will be to assist with acquisition integration to support the overall HR team in meeting the goals of the integration project plan. The ideal candidate will have strong policy and presentation development abilities, a well-established HR generalist background, and a keen desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Support onboarding and integration initiatives as it relates to organizational mergers and acquisitions
- Draft project plans for acquisition integration activities and present to management for approval
- Update project plans weekly and monitor deadlines
- Participate in integration meetings as required to provide information and updates
- Create documentation and templates for use by acquired organizations
- Review, develop and modify organizational policies
- Create / modify process maps and resources to support HR integration objectives
- Develop integration training materials for expansion organizations
- Organize, schedule and / or deliver presentations, training and HR programs
- Conduct fact finding and analysis in the areas of employment documentation, workers compensation, employee relations and labour relations for acquired organizations
- Work collaboratively with HR team to co-ordinate integration activities
- Track unanticipated integration activities and conduct follow-up analysis to improve future integration methodology
- As time permits, provide support on departmental objectives not related to acquisition activities
- Work closely with the Human Resources / Payroll team to support client groups and HR strategies
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline required. CHRL designation preferred
- HR generalist background, with at least 4 years of experience
- Industrial and/or manufacturing background is preferred; in particular, exposure to field operations
- Bilingual English/French preferred
- Prior project management experience ideal
- Proven abilities in the areas of policy, document and training development
- Polished facilitation skills
- Ability to review and analyse data in order to make recommendations for next steps or improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members and functional departments
- Organized and self-starting, with high personal expectations regarding quality of work
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.