Manager, Market Human Resources
The Manager of Market HR will perform the core Market HR responsibilities across Canada to drive business outcomes for American Express Canada.
- Support the development and delivery of the Market Human Resources strategy (Market Employee Plan) across 4 areas of focus – Employee Engagement and Advocacy, Talent Planning, Development and One American Express HR. Coordinating with HRBP’s, COE’s and other Market HR colleagues, to ensure alignment and synergies in deployment.
- Effectively deploys business orientated tools and solutions to drive engagement and business results with a focus on leveraging data and identifying common themes across multiple lines of business.
- Plays a key role in supporting talent planning process in the market, partnering with COEs, including leading local talent reviews which ensure effective succession planning and bench strength, development opportunities and retention of high potential employees
- Supports career management and planning across the employee base looking at specific segments of talent
One American Express HR:
- Models and leads the “One Amex” approach within the businesses and ensures a strong brand for American Express in the market partnering with COEs and leaders.
- Manage change projects within the market including restructuring, acquisition, real estate and other large scale changes or talent movement.
- Collaborate with COE’s, HRBP’s and GSCS to deliver a great employee value proposition and experience for all employees in the market.
- Represent Canada on global HR projects, where appropriate
Employee Engagement and Advocacy:
- Designs and drives execution of the Engagement strategy for the market including Canada Diversity and Inclusion strategy and outcomes
- Act as advisor to Employee Resource Groups
- Leads analysis of Employee Pulse and development of market action plans and implementation
- Maintains a focus on employee advocacy in all matters and partners across HR to ensure a consistent employee experience
- Partners with the L&D COE to ensure appropriate development programs are deployed for the employee base – targeted as appropriate – and outcomes measured to ensure fit for purpose
- Collaborate with the business to identify LOB specific learning and development needs and cross market trends
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience with broad knowledge of HR processes and practice areas
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree is required
- Strong preference for Masters level degree in the areas of Business Management/Administration, Organizational Effectiveness or Organizational Psychology
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues, challenge the status quo, and confront difficult issues
- Demonstrated project management skills: ability to manage multiple, complex projects, events, and tasks, and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent communication skills; able to cascade complex messages in simple form
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, and flex between a big picture view and detailed execution
- Self starter and proactive nature
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills to enable communications and analysis