Labour Relations Consultant
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
This is a 35 hour/week position within the Administrative and Leadership Group (Non-Union) which will provide a challenging and satisfying assignment for a highly skilled and experienced employee.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resource Services, with day-to-day direction and working alongside the Manager Labour Relations and Staffing, the Employee and Labour Relations Consultant will provide guidance and support to the system regarding labour relations and employee relations in general; and assist in the daily administration and interpretation of the terms and conditions of employment, related practices and legislation including:
- Providing advice and assistance regarding the administration and interpretation of the collective agreement/terms and conditions of employment and related human resources practices and legislation;
- Assisting the Managers, Labour Relations and staffing with administration of the progressive discipline process, and the investigation and response to grievances;
- Provides support and guidance with respect to responses to legal challenges and internal/external investigations such as Human Rights, Workplace Harassment and Labour Board complaints, including acting as a resource to legal counsel at proceedings when required;
- Act as resource and provide advice/support to the system and the staffing team on labour relations matters with respect to the annual staffing processes ensuring compliance with the collective agreement(s);
- Promote and maintain positive problem solving environment with Union representatives through active and regular participation on Joint Committees and dialogue with union representatives frequently on an informal basis;
- Act as resource to the Board’s negotiating committee(s) and provide assistance in the collective bargaining process including researching of issues and assisting with Board proposals and costings;
- Act as resource and provide assistance with respect to modified and return to work, attendance support initiatives/programs;
- Prepare various reports, correspondence, database files related to employee and labour relations matters;
- Provide in-service on various labour relations matters, as required.
Requirements and Skills:
- Post-secondary qualifications in labour relations or human resources management, and/or a combination of education and related experience;
- CHRL designation and/or Human Resources Management Certificate through OASBO, or equivalent designation;
- 3-5 years (minimum) experience in Human Resources, preferably in the area of employee and labour relations or other acceptable experience;
- Excellent organization, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to administer collective agreements, including the dispute resolution process;
- Specific knowledge of labour relations, employment standards, human rights, performance based compensation systems, pay equity legislation; workplace harassment, attendance support programs and occupational health and safety legislation and related regulatory standards;
- Experience with developing/writing collective agreement language;
- Advanced level computer literacy and ability to use pertinent software applications such as word processing, power point , spreadsheets and other database applications;
- Current knowledge of technology used in human resources management;
- Strong customer service, coaching, facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with the delivery of training and instructional programs in a broad array of mediums, including instructor-led, online, and multimedia training format would be an asset;
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines while managing frequent interruptions.
Individuals interested in applying for this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the undersigned by 12:00 p.m., July 19, 2018
Larry Piccinin, Senior Manager Human Resource Services
Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
1994 Fisher Drive, Peterborough, ON K9J 6X6
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board fully supports those candidates with disabilities as they undergo our recruitment and selection procedures. Should you require accommodations during all or any part of these processes, please contact the Board in advance so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
Chairperson of the Board
Director of Education
Educating for Success! Thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Educational Institutions and Services - Secondary Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario