Total Compensation Analyst
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Total Compensation Analyst
Hiring #: 2018-0371
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The University of Guelph is ranked as one of Canada's top comprehensive universities because of our commitment to student learning and innovative research. We are dedicated to cultivating the essentials for our quality of life - water, food, environment, health, community, commerce, culture and learning. The University community also shares a profound sense of social responsibility, an obligation to address global issues and a concern for international development.
Human Resources supports the University’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research and community service through the provision of quality HR programs and resources. With the increased demand for in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of Guelph’s compensation programs, the role of Total Compensation Analyst offers a compensation specialist the opportunity to support and influence the continuous development, implementation and communication of the University’s total compensation plans. Reporting to the Manager, Compensation, the Total Compensation Analyst supports salary administration, metrics and data analysis, as well as job evaluation functions.
- Oversees the job evaluation and compensation programs, position classification process and other compensation related projects to support organizational needs and objectives
- Provides expertise and support to HR Consultants and managers with compensation recommendations aligned with the University’s compensation principles, policies, collective agreements and employment contracts
- Researches best practices, analyzes competitive trends in compensation and recommends changes or modification to existing policies, procedures and systems
- Conducts in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses of the University’s compensation programs to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness and legislative compliance
- Provides analytical and advisory support to the Staff Relations Team on total compensation best practices, program design options and costing for the purposes of collective bargaining
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, combined with demonstrated experience in job evaluation and compensation programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A professional designation in compensation (CEBS, CCP or equivalent) an asset
- A strong understanding of compensation principles, job evaluation tools and methodologies, human resources policies/procedures, the Pay Equity Act, Employment Equity Act, Federal Contractors Program requirement and other related legislation
- Proven mathematical, statistical, analytical and research skills with a high level of proficiency using software such as Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint), HRIS and other database systems
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation, collective agreements and employment contracts and other technical documents.
- A strategic and critical thinker, with ability to exercise sound judgement, analyze and interpret data and present information in a clear, concise and professional manner
- A self-starter with effective organizational skills and follow-through, including the ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to handle matters requiring a high level of diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality
Position Number 060-067
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2018 07 24
Closing Date: 2018 08 07