HR Business Consultant
Who We Are
Williams HR Consulting Inc. ("WHRC") is a leading consulting firm providing customized and sustainable HR solutions and services to their client base. Our consulting practice is built on helping develop and equip businesses and their HR teams with the tools, resources and knowledge to skillfully navigate even the most challenging people issues.
It is our mission to help our clients engage, motivate and develop employees to build high-performance workplaces. How do we do this? We assemble highly talented and skilled HR practitioners and deep technical specialists to partner with our clients to solve complex and challenging people and strategic business issues. WHRC is more than your typical HR consulting firm; we are a true partner that wants to see our clients' businesses thrive and succeed.
How You'll Contribute
The HR Business Consultant will partner directly with WHRC’s clients to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of HR consulting work. This role provides a great opportunity for an HR Professional to extend their client-facing and consulting skills in a dynamic environment.
- Advises clients on the best human capital management practices including engagement and retention, leadership and talent development, talent management, employee and labour relations, workforce planning, change management, compensation, health and safety, compliance, etc.
- Identifies situations/issues occurring within our clients' businesses, and consults with clients to develop HR-based solutions to resolve everyday HR challenges
- Ensures that the interests of employees and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations, i.e., ESA, Human Rights Code
- Ensures HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards, and compliance requirements
- Anticipates and develops HR offerings to present to clients and potential clients to propel and take their organizations to the next level
- Collects, analyzes and uses HR analytics to help leaders make informed decisions
- Provides coaching and guidance to our clients' leaders and employees
- Aids clients in the strategic integration of HR process, programs and practices into their daily business
The Technical Side of What You'll Bring
- CHRL designation
- Degree in Human Resources or related degree/diploma
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible generalist experience in a multi-discipline Human Resources environment
- Solid technical human resources knowledge in a variety of functional areas (employee relations, compliance, health and safety, talent development and management, change management, organizational design and effectiveness, etc.)
- Significant knowledge and experience drafting HR policies and practices
- Current knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Exceptional project management and process improvement experience
- Strong analytic skills and superior ability to problem-solve
- Outstanding MS Office experience with significant emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Previous experience working at a consulting firm is strongly preferred.
The Softer Side of What You'll Bring
- Strong customer focus and ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with client contacts
- Appreciates issues from a variety of vantage points
- Demonstrates strong listening, questioning, written and verbal skills
- Assesses and interprets client needs and develops leading-edge solutions
- Drives to execute on initiatives and is resourceful in finding the best solution for our clients
- Ability to interact with all levels; ability to influence and coach business leaders and decision making processes within client relationships, negotiation skills
- Very detail-oriented; strong initiative and follow-through; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to set priorities; solid judgment
- Adapts quickly and thrives in the face of change with demonstrated resiliency
- Focuses on continuous improvement, operational excellence, and a drive for measurable results
- Proven commitment to client satisfaction by demonstrating professionalism
So What’s Next?
- Are you passionate about forming a holistic view of HR and how HR can transform businesses into high-performing organizations?
- Are you an HR partner who approaches a business challenge from both a business and HR perspective?
- Are you at your best when collaborating with others to achieve outstanding results?
- Do you love the idea of working on multi-disciplined HR client projects in a variety of business sectors and providing excellence to those clients?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, then Williams HR Consulting wants to meet you!
Please apply by sending your resume and covering letter detailing what interests you about this opportunity to WHRC@williamshrconsulting.ca
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. WHRC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.