Payroll and Human Resources Database Specialist
2 year term with possibility of renewal
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Payroll and Human Resources Database Specialist will work closely with the payroll team in the maintenance, enhancement and quality assurance of the NAC’s payroll databases and systems. The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and the configuration of the payroll systems to monitor their integrity and ensure their compliance with payroll policies and practices, collective agreements and legislation. The Specialist will play a key role in the production of various reports for legislated requirements as well as for operational requirements including but not limited to remittances, internal controls, general ledger, etc. This role will also be involved in the payroll system renewal project that will be initiated in the fall of 2018.
The Database Specialist will be on the front lines for the troubleshooting and development of solutions, reports and tools to support the payroll and benefits activities on a daily basis. The incumbent will coordinate and implement changes to the payroll systems and databases in collaboration with various internal stakeholders and will ensure accurate follow through of collective agreement or policy changes. This may also involve defining and analysing specifications for interfaces with other systems.
The Payroll and Benefits Administration team will rely heavily on the incumbent’s expertise to monitor the compliance with legislation regarding income tax, pension and benefits.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the administration of payroll and benefit with similar size organizations;
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Extensive experience and advanced skills in MS Access and MS SQL;
- Knowledge of financial systems, SunSystems or similar products;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to assess, analyze and redesign processes and procedures for optimal efficiencies;
- Excellent knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, legislation and regulations governing pay administration;
- Previous experience with Ceridian Insync or a similar product;
- Advanced analytical and acute attention to details;
- Effective organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to embrace change and highly adaptable to new challenges and opportunities;
- Team player and ability to share knowledge with the team;
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment as part of a very busy team
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment