Manager HR Analytics
Manager, HR Analytics
Status: Temporary 12 months
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and/or equivalent experience
Location(s): Downtown Toronto – 700 University Ave, Toronto, ON
Travel: Yes – As required
Deadline to Apply: October 11, 2018
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for an analytical, results driven team player to join our team in the role of Manager HR Analytics at our head office location in Toronto, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards & Workforce Analytics the Manager HR Analytics:
You will collaborate with OPG’s Workforce Analytics team, subject matter experts and cross-functional business leaders to influence key business strategies and priorities, strategic workforce planning initiatives, and labour relations strategies by ensuring workforce analytics insights are considered in resourcing decisions for current and future expected horizons, within a challenging environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Develop workforce models and analytical tools as part of OPG strategic workforce planning initiatives.
- Act as a key contributor to OPG’s workforce planning processes, ensuring integration with business planning and operational staffing plans.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams to address complex people resources issues that require new approaches, complex solutions, expertise and knowledge of human resources data, information systems and processes.
- Optimize existing workforce planning tools and provide recommendations on attaining efficiencies and use of alternate tools.
- Conduct statistical analysis and develop algorithms for workforce models to support strategic people resource decisions, supporting deliverables in corporate strategy, labour relations, succession planning, financial planning, and regulatory/external reporting.
- Gather, cleanse and analyze OPG people data sets, by accessing Human Resources information systems and tools such as SAP ECC 6.0, SAP Business Warehouse and SuccessFactors.
- Provide support on business requirements, improvements, resolution of issues and test enhancements and system changes as required to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and/or equivalent experience
We are seeking a Manager, HR Analytics who has the following:
- Experience with deep-dive analytics, predictive modelling or algorithms
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python/R an asset
- Experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Strong analytical skills, worked with large data sets, databases
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access, Power BI
- Successful candidate will be a strong self-starter, a team player with problem solving skills and capable of working independently
- Experience with large matrixed organizations
- Experience in a unionized environment (asset)
- Experience resolving non-routine and complex interpretations of data analyses such as impact of labour resourcing decisions.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with all levels of stakeholders
- Previous experience in a similar role
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide.
Long-term career growth and development opportunities.
Electricity is vital to the province.
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/job/Toronto-Manager-HR-Analytics-ON-M5G-1X6/359515617/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., October 11, 2018. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. If any questions otherwise please reach out to Senior Recruiter, Karen Meziane firstname.lastname@example.org
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com
More searches like this
- Energy – Production and Distribution (e.g. Oil, Gas, Electricity) Talent Management / Workforce Planning Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Engineering Talent Management / Workforce Planning Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions Talent Management / Workforce Planning Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Manufacturing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Other Talent Management / Workforce Planning Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario