Manager, Talent Acquisition and Development
Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s Client & Family Centered Care community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
If you are an engaging leader with expertise in attracting and retaining top talent, VHA Home HealthCare has a dynamic opportunity for you.
We are seeking a— Manager, Talent Acquisition and Development
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources and Organizational Development, you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of key business challenges in order to drive proactive HR plans
- Provide leadership to all aspects of talent acquisition, staffing, succession planning, talent development and performance management
- Identify and implement strategies to further enhance a healthy workplace culture
- As part of the HR management team, you will provide support on labour and employment-related matters including interpretation, application and compliance with collective agreements while fostering harmonious labour/management relations
- Work closely with business units in planning, delivery and execution of annual and long term objectives, company-wide HR initiatives, monitoring and analyzing key HR metrics
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and implement engagement programs to drive increased employee satisfaction
- Oversee high volume, full cycle recruitment and regularly scan and assess HR issues, trends and opportunities
- Ensure effective orientation, on-boarding and exit processes, monitoring results and implementing improvements as needed
- Provide leadership, development and direction to the recruitment team to ensure a great candidate experience
- Collaborate with external stakeholders (partners, vendors) as required and build effective working relationships
The successful candidate will have:
- - A minimum of 5 years of HR leadership experience, ideally combined with a Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations
- - Demonstrated experience as a HR leader with the ability to inspire, influence and coach others, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution; experience working in a unionized setting is an asset
- - Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow effective working relationships including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively
- - Ability to think strategically with a strong sense of urgency while managing time and priorities
- - Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgement to problem solve
- - Demonstrated ability to design and execute HR strategies, remaining goal-oriented and people-oriented
- - Experience managing a team focused on high volume, rapid cycle recruitment with key performance metrics
- - Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- - Strong PC skills with Microsoft Office and HRIS
- - Comprehensive knowledge of relevant workplace legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act is essential
Please apply online by October 8 2018 - www.VHA.ca
More searches like this
- Health and Social Services Talent Management / Workforce Planning Supervisor, Officer, Lead jobs in Ontario
- Not-For-Profit Talent Management / Workforce Planning Supervisor, Officer, Lead jobs in Ontario
- Recruitment and Staffing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Supervisor, Officer, Lead jobs in Ontario