Regional HR Manager - Cornwall Region - Walmart Logistics
Responsible for providing a generalist HR service to the region covering responsibilities including but not limited to staffing, training, performance management, succession planning, associate relations, compliance with HR policies and procedures, as well as both broad and market specific regulatory requirements for their assigned region. This position partners closely with the Director of Operations and other management on a regular basis.
Company Summary :
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day supported by 12 Distribution Centers as Walmart Logistics. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 400,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/Walmart Canada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
This position is located in Cornwall, ON covering 4 distinct DC's in 2 locations of approximately 1500 associates. Occasional requirement to work off shift hours (nights, weekends etc.) to ensure coverage of all associates.
- Provides practical advice and assistance in the areas of employee relations, performance management, progressive discipline, training, consistent and fair policy application and legislation awareness
- Responsible for full life-cycle associate engagement and development of associates.
- Collaborate with Regional Operations Directors and operations management team to identify and solve resource challenges and opportunities including strategic workforce planning for start ups, seasonal hiring and labor mix ratio (FT/PT/Seasonal).
- Ensure completion and implementation of staffing plans, talent management reviews, performance improvement plans and succession planning such that they are effectively used to support operational performance.
- Serve as a “Voice of the Associate” to the leadership team to ensure fair and consistent treatment and continuously identify improvement opportunities. Manage AES, Associate Engagement Survey, process including administration, communication and action planning roll-out.
- Monitor and address deficiencies across HR metrics such as Turnover, Engagement, Attendance, Leaves, Modified Work Programs, Training and Development etc.
- Provide direction, counseling and hands-on support as needed to resolve complex HR issues/problems such as Investigations, Associate Relations, Legal, Harassment, Corrective Action Counseling, HR Compliance, etc.
- Update knowledge and consistently communicate and ensure compliance with HR policies, programs, laws and other important issues.
- University or College degree or diploma with a focus in Human Resources Management, Business or Social Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A CPHR designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior Human Resources role with practical experience in all key functional areas, including advanced HR knowledge of Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, and Employee Communications.
- Policy and program implementation, and management skills.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counseling team members, evaluating performance, team building, and allocating and coordinating resources.
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Issue management skills including conflict management, negotiation, organization, and problem solving/decision making skills; an ability to influence management to implement new policies and programs.