Human Resource Business Partner
Terms: Indefinite full-time with benefits
Salary: $78,000 per annum
Apply by: Sunday, November 25, 2018
Location: Ottawa (1150 Cyrville Road)
Health Standards Organization (HSO) is looking for a talented human resources professional who will share our passion for achieving quality health services for all. In Canada, and around the world, we are building a bold and bright future for our enterprise and our clients. If you are looking for an exciting challenge and seeking to be part of something larger than yourself, this position could be for you.
This is an exciting time for HSO. We’re an organization that has gone through a tremendous workplace transformation. In 2018, we introduced innovative talent strategies to enable the achievement of our Enterprise strategy. Things move fast at HSO. We’re in the midst of a workplace redesign and we promote a flexible approach to work.
As the ideal candidate, you will be someone who has worked in the past to promote progressive HR practices. You are familiar with talent strategy and know how to support one. You are knowledgeable about many areas of HR, from local to international legislation and ways to promote employee engagement.
You have good judgement, are adaptable to changing circumstances, and a knack for dealing effectively with clients at all levels of the organization. Ultimately, you recognize that people are at the core of an organization’s success, and you know how to bring this to the forefront of the activities of your client groups.
If you’re right for this role, you have a proven ability to be a partner to your client organization. You understand how to influence and make use of different levers of change management. You bring a quiet credibility through listening and you have the ability to see the situation at hand and evaluate the best way forward with clarity. You’re relied upon at all levels to show up where help is needed, and you advise with confidence. You’re not intimidated by a title. Your gears are always in motion: analyzing the environment, building relationships, delivering on key initiatives.
Let’s break it down. Your responsibilities include:
- Becoming integrated into the processes and strategic conversations of your internal business units as a valued and trusted advisor.
- Being an adept wearer of many hats. Human resources planning, recruitment, transitions, job design, performance management, employee relations, staff engagement, etc., all fall under the HR Business Partner umbrella. You know how to stay organized, cool, calm and collected, and aren’t easily overwhelmed.
- You are an effective problem solver. Human resources professionals encounter unexpected situations and also more predictable ones. You use your knowledge of local and international legislation to effectively navigate this world.
- Introducing new talent to our world-class team. You’ll work closely with our hiring managers to coach them through the recruitment process, understand their needs, and target your recruitment efforts accordingly, alongside our recruitment associate. You’re a strategist and will tailor your approach to attract and find hidden talent.
- Listening and advising. You’ll navigate sensitive situations with logic and reason and work with the team to recommend solutions. Feedback and insight will be offered with tact and confidence.
- Staying open and flexible – you love delving into strategy and flexing your creative muscles and at the same time, are happy to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where help is needed.
- Contributing to the culture of our workplace by staying positive, engaged in the work you do, and energized by the change you’re influencing.
You have a unique history. Does it include the education, skills and experience listed below?
- 5 years+ of HR experience, either as a generalist or a specialist in talent or HR operations.
- International hiring experience, including researching local employment legislation, interviewing, working with international counsel, and setting up employees in new locations.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (or commensurate experience).
- Highly honed organizational, client service and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to work under pressure while juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented. You’ve heard this one before, but we can’t stress it enough: the devil is in the details. You notice the big and little mistakes and are comfortable tactfully reviewing the work of your team, providing feedback, and accepting the same feedback on your own work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (you’ll be writing job postings like this one!).
You’ll stand out if you...
- Have a strong understanding of French and can communicate with clients and colleagues in both official languages.
- Have a graduate degree in HR or a related field.
- Have supported an organizational in transformation.
- Are tech savvy: our use of Dynamics GP, MS Office, SharePoint, MS 365, etc. is music to your ears.
- Are a proven workplace culture enthusiast with a welcomed sense of humour.
Sound familiar? If so, we want to hear from you! Submit your CV and cover letter here:
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Services Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Not-For-Profit Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario