Total Rewards Specialist (Bilingual)
“The Power of Together”
Join Northbridge, a growing dynamic company that has a long and rich Canadian history in providing innovative insurance solutions to customers nationwide.
Northbridge Financial Corporation is a leading commercial property and casualty insurance company that’s been helping protect Canadian businesses for more than 90 years. We’re 100% Canadian!
We offer a wide range of creative solutions to our customers through our Northbridge Insurance, TruShield Insurance and Federated Insurance brands where we strive to create a fair and friendly culture, upheld by the foundation of our five corporate values: respect, passion, connectedness, creativity, and excellence.
By continually striving to challenge the status quo, and by focusing on helping the customers we have the privilege of insuring achieve the possibilities of their business, we’ve been able to build our reputation as one of Canada’s largest commercial insurance providers.
To help us continue to build on this success, we’re committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people.
Be part of a team that’s passionate about making a difference every day, fuelled by our entrepreneurial spirit and where everyone owns a part of our success. Our company has had an amazing journey so far, and our future is full of new possibilities!
Located in the heart of Toronto’s Financial District, our head office is easily accessible by TTC and GO Transit, and within walking distance to the Eaton Centre, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, and CN Tower. As a national property and casualty commercial insurance provider, we also have offices across Canada.
The Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for researching total rewards best practices and identifying market trends to establish guidelines and programs to support the total rewards strategy.
The role is responsible for administrating, implementing and maintaining of all total rewards programs including compensation, benefits, pensions and disabilities.
The Total Rewards Specialist acts as a technical resource and provides technical support in the design and development of total rewards programs, processes and practices.
What you will be doing:
- Administer all total rewards programs to maintain a competitive position in the marketplace.
- Participate in the review, evaluation and redesign of compensation programs by collaborating with Manager, Total Rewards to ensure programs are performance driven, market competitive, legally compliant, accurately administered and effectively communicated.
- Participate in the development of incentive and bonus plans, ensuring they are designed to drive employee performance as well as ensuring they are market competitive, legally sound and managed/administered accurately and effectively.
- Provide proactive compensation analysis/assessment to allow our business leaders to make informed decisions.
- Participate in the review of all benefits and pension programs, including monitoring of trends, best practices, utilization and cost/benefit analysis to recommend opportunities for enhancements, balancing program efficiency with a continuous improvement mindset and delivering high service levels.
- Administer the group flexible benefits plan, ensuring timely and efficient program operation
- Administer the annual re-enrolment process for the flexible group benefits plan by working closely with internal and external parties to ensure smooth execution and optimal results.
- Administer the defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, ensuring they are market competitive, cost-effective and appropriately positioned for today and in the future.
- Liaise with benefits providers to resolve benefits administration issues as required.
- Research reward and recognition best practices. Participate in external reward and recognition networks and conferences to remain current with external developments.
- Participate in the design and implement major program changes, campaigns and drives.
- Partner with third-party disability administrator to ensure timely processing of disability claims. Provide accurate reporting to key stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CEBS/CCP/CBP designation
- Proactive total rewards specialist with 4 to 7 years of experience administering total rewards programs
- Fluently Bilingual (English / French) is a requirement
- Strong experience/knowledge with flexible benefits plans and DC/DB pension plans
- Demonstrated ability to administer disability programs
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Innovative, continuous improvement mindset with track records of streamlining processes, improving efficiency and managing cost
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong working knowledge of federal and provincial legislation regarding Compensation, Benefits & Pension programs
What sets you apart:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrates leadership and credibility by generating a high degree of respect and trust to build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to build solid relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to bring new ideas to initiatives.
- Strong technical and project management skills.
- A passion to develop a leading wellness function through implementation of appropriate developing practices, methodologies and technology.
What we Have to Offer:
- Northbridge Cares program – volunteer day and donation matching
- Generous paid time off, including personal days. Flexible work hours as well as early departure opportunities
- Flexible Group Benefits Plan – medical, dental, insurances
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan + Optional Group RRSP
- Northbridge Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance plan
- Staff Insurance - discount on home, automobile and pet insurance
- Plus, the opportunity to contribute to the success of Northbridge through sharing your knowledge and experience while learning from others!
Northbridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.