Human Resources Business Partner
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our Human Resources team, reporting to the Human Resources Superintendent.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be accountable for providing high quality human resources consulting services to operating and support departments in an effort to strengthen partnerships, foster organizational effectiveness and to meet Company objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide HR direction and advise operating and support departments on the application of policies, procedures and relevant employment legislation;
- Oversee leave management programs, including short term and long term disability, in addition to WSIB claims management;
- Assist in process improvement and streamlining HR practices to expedite results;
- Work collaboratively with Impact Benefit Agreement partners to create positive working relationships and maximize employment;
- Provide support for a full-cycle recruitment process, from developing job profiles to on-boarding employees;
- Resolve employee relations matters, participate in investigations and recommend appropriate corrective actions;
- Participate in annual HR cycles and special projects.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Degree or Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Certified Human Resources Professional or Leader designation is an asset;
- Five to eight years of related experience in a generalist capacity, with experience in disability management, employee relations and recruitment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ERP (SAP) software;
- Proven commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- Customer service focus;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Demonstrated ability to influence business leaders in multiple areas of human resources;
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and listening skills;
- Experience in a cross-cultural working environment.
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive salary
- Travel allowance
Group benefits package including:
- A retirement plan with 6% employer contributions
- Extended health, dental and travel benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employee and family assistance program
- Health Care Spending Account
- Training and learning opportunities