Recruiting and HR Administrative Assistant (6-Month Contract)
This position is located at Custom Manufacturing, KIK Rexdale in Etobicoke, ON. KIK's Custom Division contract manufacturing network consists of 10 locations throughout North America.
The Recruiting & HR Assistant is 6- Month Contract role whose primary purpose is to provide administrative support for KIK’s Rexdale recruiting needs. Ideal candidate has experience in an HR admin support role, is collaborative and thrives in a diverse and fast paced manufacturing environment where multi-tasking is a necessity to juggle competing and constantly changing priorities. Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and enjoys building and nurturing new and strong working relationships with HR Managers, internal customers and external candidates. This role requires an extremely perceptive, high energy and creative candidate capable of relating to individuals at all levels with a keen interest in learning the art of recruiting.
- Attracting applicants by posting job advertisements; networking, using newsgroups and job and social media sites.
- Reviewing raw resume response from job postings; identifying prospective candidates based on job order criteria and initiates contact.
- Interacting with job candidates - quickly builds relationships and maintains candidate interest in KIK and the position by emphasizing company, leadership, benefits, succession planning and perks
- Arranging interviews by coordinating schedules using Outlook
- Arranging candidate travel, lodging, and meals, arranging area tours with local realtors as needed.
- Working with KIK’s external relocation service to set up new employee relocations by determining new employee requirements; arranging temporary accommodations if needed.
- Avoiding legal challenges including EEO by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending improvements to procedures and ensures proper retention of required OFCCP documents.
- Creating and maintaining applicant files, maintains updates to job description templates in internal ATS system as needed
- Assist with Divisional Human Resources special projects as needed
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an HR related position collaborating with internal customers, job candidates and company leaders
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree, is articulate, intelligent and ambitious.
- Strong day to day administrative capabilities, (e.g. presentations, gathering information, coordinating appointments, setting travel and meetings)
- Superior relationship building skills and HR Administrative background, prior recruiting experience is an asset,
- Highly developed perceptive skills to accurately assess past performance and future capabilities of candidates.
- Must be a problem solver who is persuasive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious and goal oriented.
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency, is creative and patient, is comfortable working with a variety of people and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Advanced level experience in Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience using HRIS or Applicant Tracking System Software an asset
Phone Skills, Negotiation, Creative locating skills, Recruiting, Interviewing Skills, People Skills, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Results Driven, Professionalism, Organization, Project Management, Judgment, Word, Excel
Please apply by Friday December 21 2018.
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer