Manager of Human Resources
Manager of Human Resources
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
· Strategically plans human resource requirements in support of organizational goals
· Plans and provides organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel to the management team as needed.
· Manages organizational change to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
· Utilizes all relevant data and statistics to support HR decisions
· Oversees the hiring, orientation, supervision, performance management and possible terminations of all employees at Kilmarnock Enterprise.
· Develops and implements strategies to attract, hire and retain employees
· Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements (federal and provincial), Labour Law and other applicable laws and regulations, including Freedom of Information and Privacy Laws
· Research any new developments within the Human Resource field and implement changes where needed.
· Attends all necessary meetings.
· Assists the CFO with the analysis of benefit programs and serve as primary contact with service providers.
· Provides direction to all levels of employees for HR related issues.
· Assists managers with the execution of HR programs such as training, innovation, employee recognition, activities and recreational programs in a way that supports internal equity and organization’s competitiveness.
· Provide recommendations on leadership and organizational behaviours through focused development strategies including talent and performance management.
· Performs continuous evaluation, development and execution of policies, programs and processes.
· Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company mission statement, philosophy and ethical standards.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in HR field or equivalent in experience and qualifications.
· Minimum 5 years work experience in HR required.
· Experience in the industrial sector preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization including the ability to make sound business decisions and evidence based recommendations to senior management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
· A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
· Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
· Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products, e-mail and Simply Accounting required.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
· Demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
· Ability to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
· Demonstrated knowledge of labour laws.
· Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
· High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
· Some travel required.
· Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Overtime as required.
· Lifting or moving up to 25lbs may be required.