HR Lead, Talent Management
HR Lead, Talent Management
Terms: Full-time permanent position with benefits
Salary: Starting salary $125 000
Apply by: January 15, 2019
Location: Ottawa (1150 Cyrville Rd.)
Join Health Standards Organization (“HSO”) as we unleash the power and potential of people around the world who share our passion for achieving quality health services for all. This is an opportunity to tap into your knowledge and experience of leading organizations through periods of transformation and doing so with drive and a passion for excellence!
You are committed to the people and the business as you will champion innovative practices to create and support an environment where people are engaged, perform, learn, develop and succeed. You understand the trends in creating the New World of Work characterized by new technologies, flexible ways of working, and continuous learning. You shape conversations to expand the collective understand of workable strategies. You will provide expertise on the full spectrum of Organizational Development services. This will be key in setting HSO apart, striving to bring us amongst the top 2% of the global Gallup great workplace cohort. Building strategic relationships and delivering results that are valued by business leaders are among your strongest attributes!
If you’re right for this opportunity, you are ambitious and energetic! You’re tenacious and resilient and you get excited about creating a culture that showcases empowerment, agility, discipline, individual accountability, energy, creativity, learning, and working as a united team. You have a coaching mindset and your exceptional people skills empower you to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
Let’s break it down. Your responsibilities include:
- Staying on top of emerging trends and legislative guidelines, deepening corporate knowledge and strategizing corporate initiatives.
- Identifying opportunities for organizational development initiatives to drive culture.
- Designing and leading the implementation of talent management and organizational development initiatives and practices related to employee engagement, career and leadership development, and process improvements that support current and future strategic goals.
- Coaching and influencing senior leaders across the enterprise to be active participants and role models of transformation.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners in talent development activities across the organization including the design and implementation of various talent development programs such as onboarding, leadership development, corporate learning, professional development, career-pathing, and competency management.
- Providing expertise with respect to learning needs analysis, utilizing various tools and research trends.
- Designing and conducting leadership development initiatives and team-building sessions.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners and the leadership team on talent reviews, succession planning, and talent development processes. Develop and recommend specific actions to impact development areas.
- Partnering with leaders on the development of employee engagement strategies.
- Identifying employees or groups that may be vulnerable to attrition and working with leaders to proactively remedy issues.
- Contributing to the setting of annual performance measurement methods and objectives.
- Maintaining and overseeing the total compensation program.
- Accountability for the standardization and simplification of Organizational Development
You have a unique history. Does it include the education, experience and skills listed below?
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum seven years’ experience working in a similar position.
- In depth knowledge and significant experience in providing both strategic and operational advice and guidance including performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, organizational and leadership development, and high potential programs.
- Hands-on experience in defining and implementing talent development initiatives that have improved business performance, fostered retention and developed the people.
- Strong knowledge and experience with compensation administration, including job analysis and job evaluation principles.
- Expertise supporting organizational change and solid understanding of how people experience change and the change process; including knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Sound knowledge of best Human Resources practices and employment legislation.
- Exceptional English communication and presentation skills are required.
- Superior professional judgment, diplomacy and relationship building skills.
- Tried and tested analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Tech-savviness: our use of Dynamics GP, MS Office, SharePoint, MS 365, etc. is music to your ears.
You’ll stand out if you...
- Have a Graduate degree in a related field.
- Have international talent management experience.
- Have mergers and acquisition experience.
Have what we’re looking for? Submit your CV, cover letter and salary expectations here:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.