Benefits and Compensation Specialist
**The posting will close on January 6, 2019 at 12:01am**
The Benefits and Compensation Specialist is responsible for researching, benchmarking and recommending plan design and policy changes relating to Total Rewards programs.
The ideal candidate for this position would be a strong communicator. An attention to detail, ability to analyze data and problem solve, capacity to meet deadlines consistently, working under pressure and high integrity is a must.
We are looking for someone who is logical in their approach, numbers savvy, and can communicate upward with confidence.
- Responsible for reviewing all financial arrangements/statements for the various benefit programs and providing forecasting to the board of directors including studying market data to determine competitiveness of plans.
- Responsible for building financial modeling tools to be used for financial forecasting.
- Responsible for research and analysis for all aspects of the various benefit plans by gathering information from internal sources and third-party providers in order to provide sound recommendations on plan design and policy determination.
- Conduct financial analysis for the benefits plans. In addition, perform data analysis and present findings to both the management and senior management levels.
- Prepare presentations for the benefits committee and for the board of directors.
- Flexible benefits reenrolment, including costing, pricing, communications, and review of enrolment tool functionality.
- Assist with union negotiations including costings and scenario modeling.
- Provide compensation recommendations for incumbents in management.
- Participate in the annual management salary review and incentive program processes.
- Research, assess and develop recommendations based on best practices for enhancing current corporate benefit and compensation programs.
- Identify issues and/or improvement opportunities and develop recommendations to address these. Leverage analytics and reporting to enhance recommendations.
- Identify system requirements for successful implementation and management of benefits programs. Partner with HR Employee Centre to ensure these are fully scoped out and implemented in a timely manner.
- Develop and incorporate change management initiatives into overall benefits program management and project plans.
- Develop communication materials to support benefits programs and change management initiatives, and that also support compensation program initiatives, in addition to overall HR and business initiatives.
- Act as the highest point of contact regarding benefits and compensation program queries, should the HR Employee Centre be unable to assist an employee.
- Provides ad-hoc training / information sessions
- University degree in Finance, Human Resources, or related field, or a combination of training and experience.
- CEBS, CHRL, and/or CCP designation an asset
- 5-7 years of experience related to Benefits, Data analysis, Benchmarking.
- Significant experience in financial analysis and program implementation
- Compensation experience an asset
- Workday experience an asset
- Experience working with senior management
- Strong customer service skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of benefits programs
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills, is essential
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and with external providers
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work under time pressure
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement in handling information of a sensitive nature
- Expertise with project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle and process mapping
- Funding of group insurance benefits plans and management compensation plans;
- High proficiency in Excel and HR systems.
Bilingualism is an asset (English, French).
More searches like this
- Transportation (e.g. Air, Rail, Trucking) Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ottawa
- Other Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ottawa