Senior Health and Safety Advisor
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor provides advice, guidance and support at the department /divisional level on the occupational health and safety program, including the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines and assists in the education and training of employees. This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all. Our company values people and safety is our #1 priority.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain all safety programs
- File WSIB forms for incidents (form 7 and any follow-up forms requested)
- Maintain communication with WSIB in regards to incidents and claims
- Coordinate return to work of injured persons
- Be the point of contact for Ministry of Labour – visits, communicating incidents…
- Track all incidents in the facility (First Aid, Near Miss…)
- Co-Chair the JHSC, forwarding any recommendations to the Management team
- Maintain the JHSC inspections, minutes and agenda
- Follow-up on corrective actions from JHSC and incidents
- Lead Investigations into incidents
- Maintain Safe Work Practice (SWP) for all tasks or areas of the operation.
- Ensure training for all functions, tasks and hazards is available and provided
- Maintain Training records for all employees
- Participate in information and knowledge sharing with Hopewell counterparts
- Always strive for continuous improvement
- Be Knowledgeable on the OHSA and stay informed on changes to the Act and Regulations, ensuring all information is passed to all necessary employees and acted upon.
- Participate in on-going training (WSPS, online, other)
- Coordination and point of contact for all contractors (including security)
- Responsible for all correspondence and activities in relation to building security. Including reviewing video footage and door access.
- Record keeping and maintaining all employee training files.
- Creating and maintaining reports and metrics when required.