Human Resources Generalist
AquaTox Testing & Consulting Inc. operates one of the largest and most respected ecotoxicity laboratories in Canada. AquaTox offers freshwater and marine aquatic toxicity testing, sediment and soil toxicity testing, biodegradability tests, and toxicity investigations and consulting services to more than 300 organizations. Our services are tailored to meet the needs of the mining, pulp and paper, municipal wastewater, iron and steel, electrical power, chemical manufacturing, food and beverage, and petrochemical sectors. For more information, visit us at www.aquatox.ca
DESCRIPTION: As the sole Human Resources representative, you will be responsible for:
- Processing payroll using Ceridian Payroll Services
- Maintaining personnel records and up-dating them as necessary
- Managing the benefit package
- Preparing all new hire documentation and leading the onboarding process
- Maintaining the Policy and Procedure manual as well as contributing to the establishment of new policies and procedures
- Acting as a resource to employees in the areas of policies and procedures, benefits and employee relations
- Maintaining the scheduling system (familiarity with Replicon would be an asset)
- Administering exit interviews
- Contributing as an active member of the Joint Health and Safety committee
- Managing non-occupational and WSIB claims
- Coordinating company driven social activities
- Provide/research training needs and coordinate delivery
- Investigating any personnel issues that may arise
- Keep up to date on all employment legislation and ensure ongoing compliance
- Implement Workplace Wellness initiatives
- Ad-hoc Human Resources projects and other administrative duties
- Perform all activities in a manner that is consistent with AquaTox’s commitment to the health and safety of all staff, clients, and visitors.
- Conduct all activities and interactions in a respectful and professional manner that is consistent with AquaTox’s policies.
The successful candidate should have a related university degree and/or college diploma in Human Resources, along with at least 5 years of related experience; a CHRL / CHRP designation is preferred. You must have a strong understanding of employment laws and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. You will bring with you a certain vitality to foster a cooperative and collaborative environment with trust and accountability. AquaTox seeks someone with good judgement and thoughtful decision making skills. You will also possess a good understanding of the importance of health and wellness in the working environment.
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. AquaTox Testing & Consulting Inc. is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Engineering Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Guelph
- Research / Scientific Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Guelph
- Other Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Guelph