Director, Total Rewards
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Total Rewards team is accountable for the design and development of programs, policies and strategies related to compensation, benefits and pension. The team provides consultation and support for the delivery function in HR – Employee Care Centre as well as to the Business Partners who provide advisory services to leaders across the organization. The team has responsibility to the SVP, HR and the HR Committee of the Board of Directors for matters pertaining to plan design for compensation, benefits and pension.
- Plans, designs, evaluates and provides advisory services related to employee compensation, benefits and pension programs, such as salaries, salary increases, salary surveys, short- and long-term incentives, retirement plans, benefits plans, and disability insurance;
- Provides consultation and direction to Employee Care Centre for administration of Total Rewards programs according to established policies and procedures, and current or emerging regulatory issues;
- Ensures that compensation, pension and benefits plans are administered in compliance with legislation, regulations, and the terms of the plans;
- Provides recommendations and reports to senior management and the Board to ensure that pension fiduciary responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Designs and develops programs, strategies and policies to ensure competitiveness while remaining cost effective and relevant;
- Supports the good governance of compensation/pension/benefits plans by ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and corporate authorities;
- Selects, manages and monitors the performance of external service providers ensuring efficiency and value;
- Partners with program administrators to ensure effective program delivery in compliance with legislative and program design requirements;
- Directs the performance and skill/career development of assigned staff to ensure sufficient capacity and capability to meet organizational needs.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or in a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in total rewards management
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in compensation and benefits
- International Total Rewards expertise
- Demonstrated experience in developing recommendations for Senior Executives and Board of Directors
- Advanced knowledge of human resources management and total rewards principles and practices
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Experience with setting up Total Rewards plans in different business configurations (e.g. international, branch offices, separate legal entities, etc.)
- Knowledge of pension administration, governance, and legislation
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English & French)
- $102,000 - $154,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 25, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.