Sr. HR Business Partner
As a valued member of SVB’s Canadian Leadership Team with a strategic voice, the Sr. HR Business Partner, Field Delivery, will collaborate with the business to focus on attracting, retaining, and developing talent. As a thought leader within the business, this role provides insight and expertise in the areas of coaching, employee relations, and organizational development; with a corporate view that focuses on a growth mindset.
Reporting to the Head of Field Delivery and a dotted reporting line to the Head of Canada, the Sr. HR Business Partner, Field Delivery works closely with Canadian SVB colleagues as well as HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to proactively provide business context to influence the integration and distribution of premiere employee engagement and enablement programs, learning and development, compliance, compensation, benefits, and staffing programs across the organization.
Strategy Insights and Planning
- Build strong relationships with the Canadian team, and HR colleagues to ensure the needs of the business, strategies, workforce realities and upcoming changes are meaningful and able to be actively engaged in by employees.
- Understand business strategy, plan, and activities, assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions.
- Provide an active voice to the Head of Canada, the Canadian Leadership team, and all levels of employee about the human component of business goals, strategies, and change initiatives.
Performance Management and Employee Relations
- You will be a coach and adviser to the organization, a resource to leadership, managers and employees, and a role model to all.
- Continued enhancement and delivery of a proactive performance management process that actively involves employees and managers to empower employee development and employee relations concerns to be resolved.
- Leads the performance review process and collaborates with managers and employees regarding performance to assist the organization in meeting business objectives and performance goals.
- Counsels employees and management as required and ensures consistency and fairness in policy implementation.
- Under general supervision, responds to and investigates internal and external claims within the organization.
- Works with leadership and managers to ensure employee needs are met in areas such as employee development, succession planning, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
- Corporate advocacy will be obtained through ensuring consistent adherence to policies and programs with an effort to minimize company liability and exposure, and to maintain/enhance employee engagement and effectiveness.
Compliance and Regulatory Leadership
- Partners closely with Business Leaders, Legal and Compliance as processes and procedures continue to evolve. This will include ensuring that people related activities support and comply with current and any new Regulations.
- Compliance and Regulatory work will be undertaken while successfully balancing business need and risk management. The wider HR team will also be need to be involved in areas of this activity thus the ability to influence, educate and translate regulations into practical application is important. Experience in a regulated environment is required.
Compensation, Benefits, and Policies
- Partners with SVB’s Compensation team to interface, facilitate, and serve as an advocate for the organization in matters of compensation and benefits
- Work with business leaders to create new positions and determine appropriate compensation structures that will meet business needs and attract and retain talent that delivers upon the mission of the organization.
- Engages with employees, managers, and outside networks to identify and understand any nuances of job responsibilities and compensation/benefits market trends.
- Reviews, delivers, and implements policies and benefits.
- Actively engages with appropriate internal and external resources for policy design, implementation, and evolution.
Staffing and On-boarding
- Collaborates with the Recruiting team to develop job descriptions, identify candidates, interviews candidates, and ultimately delivering meaningful offers to potential new hires.
- Leads the team as they ensure a smooth transition thru the onboarding process to help facilitate an inclusive immersion into business units.
Terminations, Projects, and Employee Actions
- As the team conducts exit interviews for terminating employees, this individual reviews trends, and makes appropriate recommendations to the leadership team and managers based on collected data and observations.
- Reviews health, safety and ergonomic issues and engages in additional projects or initiatives as identified due to the position’s interface with employees across the organization.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, leads the annual Employee Engagement process, developing content, designing and delivering the process, identifying strengths and opportunities to improve, and working with employees to identify actions that help the organization grow.
Training and Development
- In partnership with SVB Talent Development team, works with the leadership team to identify development needs and collaborates with employees in the development and implementation of training and/or organization development opportunities.
- Will be actively engaged in the needs assessment, development of training sessions, and facilitation of training.
- Leads the decision making process on whether internal design of course content or purchase of content is most feasible.
- Develops relationships at all levels of the firm to ensure an understanding of the “pulse” of the organization. Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence and have impact on key decisions by demonstrating deep subject matter expertise. Active member of the leadership team who proactively works with managers and employees on employee performance issues. Able to effectively facilitate Learning and Organizational Development initiatives. Excellent business orientation and ability to understand the organization’s service value proposition and can translate HR needs within larger context of organizational success and profitability. Exceptional interpersonal skills; approachable, insightful, good negotiator, ability to influence others. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Superior conflict resolution skills. Proven ability to work with all levels within the organization. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- BS/BA or equivalent related experience. Knowledge and understanding of regional and local area employment laws is required. Excellent knowledge of employee relations, compensation, benefits, compliance, organizational development, and training.