Regional HR Director – Canada & International
What you will do?
HR Business Partner
- Provides strategic leadership, consulting and coaching to company executives and management to establish goals, develop policies, and ensure that HR programs/ practices support the achievement of business goals.
- Participates in streamlining business processes to maximize efficiency in the organization with regards to Human Resources.
- Oversees plant compensation programs to maintain competitive salary levels and regulatory compliance.
- Consults with leaders to recommend, implement and maintain organizational structures and staffing models to accomplish short-and long-term company goals and objectives.
- Supports the execution of annual compensation, performance management and employee development programs in collaboration with leadership to maximize the engagement and potential of all team members.
- Collaborates with department heads, senior management and plant HRMs to execute talent review and succession planning programs to ensure that qualified bench strength is identified for critical roles and adequate developmental plans are in place.
- Leads change management strategies, plans and support for employees affected by mergers and acquisitions.
- Creates an effective workforce planning strategy to ensure that the right talent is in place to support business objectives.
- Assesses company culture, identifies opportunities, and provides recommendations/ solutions to ensure that identified company goals and objectives are achieved.
- Liaises with legal counsel, employment-related tribunals, and consultants to effectively manage risks and resolve issues in conjunction with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to proactively identify and resolve workplace grievances/ disputes.
- Ensures that all Company policies and procedures comply with relevant laws and regulations relating to employment, confidentiality and HR business standards and that all employees receive communication on how to carry out their responsibilities within these parameters.
HR Program Implementation
- Supports the corporate teams in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives/ programs in the areas of employee engagement, talent and total rewards.
- Partners with Corporate HR team to identify, prioritize and implement strategic training and development initiatives to support hourly and salaried plant teams.
- Provide input on the development and administration of benefits programs and compensation structures both in Canada and internationally.
- Leads the employee engagement program, in conjunction with corporate HR, plant leaders, and location HRMs, to identify strengths/ opportunities, develop action plans, and implement solutions to increase employee experience, performance and retention.
- Evaluates procedures and technology solutions to improve human resources data management and ensures adequate employee information and privacy checks are established.
- Ensures that new and/or revised human resources policies and programs are communicated effectively to all employee populations.
- Provides guidance and leadership to all plant HR representatives throughout the organization.
- Oversees annual budgets for plant HR and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
What you bring to the table?
- University degree specializing in Human Resources (or related field) is required.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience, including 3 years of multiple plant manufacturing experience at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to re-engineer processes, formulate policies, and develop/ implement new HR strategies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically to ensure programs, policies and practices are linked and reinforce overall organizational goals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior management and positively influence management/ staff to act in the best interest of the Company.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with the demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues at various levels of the organization (i.e., senior leaders, managers, & front-line employees).
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable HR legislation relating to employment, wage and salary legislation, etc.
- High proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.