Sr. Corporate Trainer
Reporting to: Vice President, Training
Location: Markham, ON
The Senior Trainer position is responsible for the support of Canada’s Combined North American Operations and Claims adjudication organizations. Partners in the development, delivery, maintenance and evaluation of training curricula with US Learning Center staff. Promotes continuous improvement efforts designed to enhance productivity, efficiency, quality and skills. As well, provides learning project management to business initiatives.
- Partner with Operations and Claims management to conduct training needs analysis for short and long term business strategies. Facilitate prioritization of learning targets based on knowledge of the business units. Able to be flexible when priorities change.
- Determine appropriate training techniques and adult learning methodologies that align with the learning needs.
- Develop a work plan in conjunction with the US Learning Center that addresses priorities, assignments and agendas.
- Evaluate through ongoing measurement the short and long term impacts of training programs to ensure expected outcomes are realized.
- Co-ordinate with the US Learning Center in the design, development and delivery of training curriculum and relevant e-Learning modules.
- Provide management with timely, relevant and accurate reporting of L&D activity and measurements.
- Research and track new training techniques methods, including utilization of industry best practices and enabling technologies to optimize training in co-ordination with the Corporate Learning Center for Excellence.
- Participate on business projects as a subject matter expert for L&D. Assess and make recommendations for learning solutions and needs.
- 10+ years L&D experience (with 2+ in a management role preferred). Preference is customer contact and business operations experience. Exposure to technical or digital learning.
- Undergraduate degree in a learning related field or business
- Experience delivering instructional design through multiple channels
- Experience with learning technology
- Strong facilitation and training delivery skills
- Strong knowledge of instructional design to include assessment tools, adult learning theory and evaluation techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong technical affiliation to include learning technologies and Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence others and resolve conflicts
- Ability to work within a team and build team cohesiveness to achieve results
- Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus
- High attention to detail
- Project management and organizational skills
- Business Acumen
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Combined Insurance is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources in a timely fashion if accommodation measures are needed to enable you in a fair and equitable manner during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.