Human Resources Advisor, Compensation
Richmond Hill is the third most populated municipality in York Region with close to 209,000 residents. Its Council and staff are committed to providing an exceptional quality of life for the community. Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team that is committed to providing exceptional public service. Visit RichmondHill.ca to learn more about the place “Where people come together to build our community.”
Human Resources Advisor - Compensation
Corporate and Financial Services Department
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, the Human Resources (HR) Advisor - Compensation provides consultative advice on issues, maintains the integrity of the Town compensation program, and participates in the creation of new programs to enhance the compensation strategy. In this position, you will:
- ensure compliance with Employment Standards and Pay Equity
- manage the job evaluation program and facilitate job evaluation meetings, train committee members, coach managers, and maintain all job evaluation records
- maintain the HR database for full-time employees and oversee the HRIS system for the division
- conduct compensation and benefits research and analysis; participate in annual market surveys, conduct analysis of survey information and prepare recommendations for salary considerations and best practices
- provide advice and guidance to managers on employee issues and provide optimal solutions as it pertains to attraction, performance management and retention of employees
- advise all staff levels on the interpretation of human resources policies, collective/working agreements and legislative requirements to ensure consistent application
- participate in or lead special projects as needed including the Request For Proposal (RFP) process
- develop salary schedules based on negotiated increases and ensure all salaries are imported accurately into the pay system
Your qualifications include:
- A University degree in Human Resources or a related discipline along with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with job evaluation, salary administration and performance management programs. Unionized municipal environment experience is an asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Labour Relations Certificate is an asset
- Demonstrates the Town’s corporate values of service, collaboration, care, and courage
- Demonstrated ability to develop optimal solutions to address compensation and employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation which may include but not limited to Employment Standards Act, Human Rights, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications and HRIS systems
- Strategic thinking, problem solving skills, conflict resolution and difficult conversation skills as well as influencing and facilitation skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrates good judgement and makes sound decisions
- Shows commitment to personal growth, development and leadership opportunities
- Shares new ideas and challenges the status quo
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with honesty, openness, respect and trust
- Contributes to building and being part of a positive culture
- Possession of a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a vehicle for use on corporate business (mileage compensated), you will be required to provide proof of valid vehicle insurance upon hire.
The annual salary for this position is $91,846 to $106,536.
For more information and to apply online, visit our website at: Richmondhill.ca/Employment by 4:30PM on January 18, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.