Workplace Safety Advisor
The purpose of this position is to build and foster a best in class health and safety culture. The Workplace Safety Advisor is the onsite subject matter expert and lead champion for wellness and safety in the workplace. Through inspirational, proactive sponsorship, the incumbent develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures that ensure a healthier, safer work environment.
- Develop, maintain and promote the necessary policies and procedures that ensure healthy and safe work practices, avoid exposure to risk, reduce costs related to workplace injuries and mitigate fines and penalties related to non-compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation including completion of all necessary inspections and reports. Take proactive measures and exercise ongoing follow up on all inspections and reports.
- As the main representative and point of contact, coordinate and manage all processes and legislated requirements related to the Ministry of Labour as well as the WSIB Claims Management including the Return to Work Program, WSIB reporting, modified work planning, investigations and monthly reporting.
- Maintain all necessary documentation such as policies, training records, manuals etc. to ensure compliance to all legislated requirements.
- Oversee the Incident reporting process and ensure timely investigations, root cause analysis and appropriate follow up on all reports.
- Lead, direct and determine the priorities and mandate of the Joint Health and Safety Committee with legislative requirements in mind.
- In coordination with Compliance and Safety Specialist and Managers, develop department specific policies, procedures, job standards and programs that promote healthy and safe work practices.
- Lead training sessions to educate employees, including senior management of their rights and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Develop, maintain and promote wellness within the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma, Certificate or CRSP is preferred
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience in a supervisory capacity or higher is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in workplace safety or loss control work is preferred
- Experience in Claims Management and WSIB Program preferred
- Strong communicator and proven ability as an influencer is essential
- Resort, Recreation, Hospitality experience or education is an asset
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.