Position: Benefits Representative, Human Resources Services
Work Location: Human Resources Services - Aurora Education Centre (60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, L4G 3H2)
Salary Rate: $46,153 - $51,949
Work Schedule: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Application Deadline: January 22, 2019
Interested staff members are required to complete the following on-line application to the attention of: The Recruitment Team. This position is effective immediately and is due to a vacancy.
In compliance with Board policies and procedures responsible for assisting in the administration and implementation of the Employee Life and Heath Trust (ELHT) and Board benefit plans.
- To liaise, investigate and assist in the administration of the ELHT and the Board’s benefit plans and problem solve queries from plan members regarding their benefits.
- To review, analyze, validate employee data and submit to various administrators of ELHT as required.
- To investigate and respond to the ELHT administrators regarding employee data discrepancy.
- To maintain and update a library of the ELHT benefit plans and associated databases.
- To maintain appropriate record of employee life insurance waivers approved by the Carrier for employees prior to transition of benefits to the ELHT.
- To analyze and process occasional teacher data for annual eligibility into the 90/10 and the Pay in Lieu of benefits plans.
- To research, analyze and present data that is necessary for effective and efficient administration of all benefit plans.
- To provide in-house support and guidance on benefit issues to staff within Human Resource Services as required.
- To draft correspondence and prepare reports on benefit related issues.
- To process death and life insurance claims as required and liaise with the beneficiaries and the Carrier for settlement of death claims.
- To support and implement the periodic changes to the premiums as required and maintain and update the LTD calculator.
- To identify, validate and process LTD cancellations and answer queries from employees as required.
- To attend, participate and/or present in various internal and external meetings and facilitate workshops, seminars and the new hire orientation sessions as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible to the Supervisor, Pension, Benefit and Leave Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A two-year college diploma in human resources management or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum two years’ human resources or related experience is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, presentation and computer skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups both within and outside the Board is required.
Draft: August 2016
Equity, Diversity, and Accommodation:
The York Region District School Board believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit, and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. Human Resource Services strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Recruitment and Retention Team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially and all applications will be screened based on the required education, experience and qualifications as noted in the posting and job description and as reflected in the application. Only those candidates meeting these criteria will be eligible to participate in the selection process and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.