Benefits and Pension Specialist
Benefits and Pension Specialist job opening in Scarborough, ON
We are currently looking to hire for a Benefits and Pension Specialist job opening for their location in Scarborough, ON. If you have the qualifications and experience we are requesting for this Benefits and Pension Specialist job opening, please apply to this 13-16 month contract position and a consultant will be in contact with you.
Responsibilities of the Benefits and Pension Specialist job opening in Scarborough, ON may include but are not limited to;
- Monitoring and assisting with inquiries from retired employees in regards to their pension.
- Assisting with current employee benefits inquiries, both in in-person meetings, communicating over the telephone and via email.
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new employees and the transitioning of retired or terminated employees.
- Processing benefit requests, preparation of cheques or letter preparing.
- Retrieving and processing monthly benefit and pension related billings.
- Setting up weekly communications to insure monitoring and recording of life status event changes for active employees.
- Running reports and analyzing them providing final reports and recommendations.
- Updating and auditing the HRIS System.
- Assisting with Payroll when necessary.
Experience for this Benefits and Pension Specialist job opening in Scarborough, ON include;
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in benefits or pension related position; strong preference given to those from unionized settings
- Customer or client service experience, managing inquiries and communications
- Strong experience in MS Office 2010
- Knowledge of laws, policy and procedures in regards to pensions and benefits; cross Canada preference
- Comprehensive analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple and complex pension and benefit programs
We offer free parking, a fantastic work-life balance, opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of a large, well known firm. If this sounds like your skills and experience and you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume today! Please note that only those qualified will be contacted.