Assistant Manager - Benefits and Compensation
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Closing Date: January 29, 2019
A leader in post-secondary education, Fanshawe College is a comprehensive college that provides flexible learning arrangements and experiential education and opportunities developed in response to labour market needs. Focused on strategic growth and expansion, and providing a premier learning experience for students, the college is currently seeking a Manager, Benefits and Compensation.
One of Ontario’s largest colleges – with campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock – Fanshawe serves close to half a million people with a promise to educate, engage, empower and excite.
We offer more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year, helping people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines including applied arts, business, health care, human services, hospitality and technology.
Fanshawe also plays an important role in providing re-skilling and skill upgrading opportunities for mature learners through the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils and private sector employers In the business, health, industrial and services sectors.
Reporting to the Manager, Benefits and Compensation, this position will provide leadership and expertise in the administration of the College's pension and benefits programs. The incumbent provides analytical and technical expertise to administrators, managers, supervisors and employees. The Assistant Manager maintains and analyzes records and is responsible for compliance of all plans. The incumbent oversees delivery and administration of programs to maintain quality service while completing general HR related projects as assigned, including assisting in other areas of Human Resources as required.
The College is committed to the safety and well-being of all staff, students and visitors. In order to achieve this objective, managers are required to be active in health and safety and incident prevention by establishing and adhering to procedures and safe work practices as required by the corporate health and safety management system, and in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Minimum 4 year post-secondary degree in the field of Business, Human Resources, or a related discipline
- CEBS certification is an asset
- 5 years benefits and pension experience in a unionized, multi-employment group
- Experience working with collective agreements and legislation including the Human Rights Code and Employment Standards Act
- Expert skills in Excel spreadsheets, databases
- Proven track record of professionalism
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships
- Ability to handle large volumes of work
- Superior time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a diverse environment
- Computer literacy along with ability to analyze data
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be discreet and work with sensitive and confidential information
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.