Position: Manager Compensation
Site: University Health Network
Division: Human Resources
Reports to: Director Compensation and Benefits
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Manager Compensation.
University Health Network (UHN) is Canada’s leading research hospital. UHN encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. UHN consists of 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. It is affiliated with the University of Toronto and educates thousands of healthcare professionals that work in Canada and around the world.
The Compensation Manager provides leadership advisory support and expertise to managers, human resources colleagues and other external clients to ensure the effective administration of compensation programs.
Primary accountabilities include:
- The development, implementation and administration of the Hospitals’ compensation programs, policies and procedures in collaboration with the Director, Compensation & Benefits,
- Developing and maintaining non-union salary structures, job evaluation system and pay equity plan(s),
- Participating in/ leading the job evaluation process,
- Participating in, providing compensation services to external third–party clients,
- Utilizing knowledge of compensation practice/principles to foster optimal usage of the HRIS compensation module,
- Works in collaboration with Labour Relations and with unions in developing, modifying and maintaining union salary structures, job evaluation systems and pay equity plans,
- Provide advice to internal and external clients,
- Participating in cross functional hospital meetings/committees to provide advice, guidance when compensation matters are involved,
- Manages and develops staff,
- Manages compensation department operations to ensure adequate level/mix of human resources to execute on plans and achieve required outcomes,
- Participating in salary surveys.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or recognized equivalent,
- Minimum six years practical and related experience; within healthcare sector preferred,
- Proven analytical, mathematical, organizational and problem-solving skills,
- Highly detail-oriented,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong customer service orientation,
- Strong computer skills - expert Excel skills, proficient Word and PowerPoint skills and knowledge of HRIS applications,
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, be collaborative, innovative, creative and to manage priorities,
- Proven ability to work well independently, as well as within a team environment,
- Ability to build strong relationships,
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)/Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) / CEBS or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) would be preferred.