Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources Department for the County of Wellington. This position oversees all strategic human resources planning and organizational development functions. The Director has extensive experience in recruitment, labour and employee relations, negotiation and contract administration, health and safety, training and development, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, corporate human resources policies and procedures, and interpretation and delivery of legislative requirements.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Four year university degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Human Resources Professionals Association Designation.
- Ontario Municipal Management Institute Certified Municipal Manager Accreditation is an asset.
- Minimum ten years of experience or equivalent in a progressively responsible human resources management role, preferably in a municipal setting.
- Superior knowledge of all relevant acts and legislation as it pertains to human resources.
- Excellent writing, research, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on quality and best practices while utilizing available resources.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of both payroll and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); experience working with JD Edwards and info:HR is an asset.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $144,963.00 to $169,569.40 (2019 Non-Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #012-19 by Friday, February 1 at 4:00 pm. ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.