HR and Accounting Administrator
The Human Resources and Accounting Administrator is part of the Administration team at The Scarboro Golf and Country Club. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the bi-weekly payroll, coordination of all Human Resources requirements and files, including Health and Safety, as well as processing of all accounts payable.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll for salaried, hourly and seasonal staff of approximately 50 employees during the off season and 100+ employees at peak season.
· Maintenance of all payroll and benefits documents (payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leave, terminations and check and authorise claims).
· Calculation and preparation of Receiver General Payroll remittances, Employer Health Tax and WSIB payments.
· Calculation and remittance of the Group RRSP and Group Insurance premiums.
· Preparation of year end forms, such as T4’s and T4 reconciliation.
· Maintenance and communication of the Club’s employee policies, Handbook, and Health and Safety program.
· Compliance with legislation regarding Health and Safety procedures and reporting, including submissions to and correspondence with WSIB as required.
· Support the Health and Safety Committee in all aspects of health and safety, including administrative functions (distribution of meeting agendas, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, etc.).
· Control and follow up on all health and safety incident reports.
· Organize Worker Awareness Training and Smart Serve Certifications; maintain training records for all staff.
· Arrange for annual CPR/Emergency 1st aid /AED/WHMIS training.
· Adhere to all applicable legislation and stay up to date on any relevant changes with employment laws, health and safety and AODA.
· Preparation and input of all Accounts Payable invoices, allocation of costs and cheque runs.
· Providing assistance to the Controller for any accounting needs as required.
Skills and Qualifications
· At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
· Accounting and HR knowledge, Payroll Compliance Practitioner an asset.
· Competency in Jonas Software an asset.
· Competency in Excel and Word.
· Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent speaking and presentation skills with the ability to present at the annual H&S and Staff Annual General Meeting each spring.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
· Ability to perform within time restraints and meet deadlines.
· Must be responsible, dependable and work well with various departmental managers/staff.