Human Resources Consultant - Employee Health, Safety & Wellness
Position Title: Human Resources Consultant
Job Class: MG007
Dept/Program: Employee Health, Safety & Wellness
Employee Group: Non-Union
Employment Type: Full Time
Posting Type: Open
Work Schedule: 37.50 hours weekly as per schedule
Posting Date: January 17th, 2019
The Manager of Employee Health, Safety and Wellness is currently seeking a HR Consultant – Employee Health, Safety & Wellness. The purpose of the position is to provide support and advisory services to staff and management specific to areas of Employee Health, Safety & Wellness; position will contribute to the accomplishment of Employee Health, Safety & Wellness services and objectives, and provide a service-oriented, high performance culture; position will provide support in disability management processes, attendance reporting, incident file management and Psychological health & safety functions
- Work in collaboration with Manager, Employee Health, Safety & Wellness, Occupational Health Nurse and Human Resource Operations staff to support disability management processes including application for benefits, assisting with management of short and long term disability leaves, return to work planning, WSIB claims processes to report occupational injuries and liaising with external partners as appropriate. Position will also work in collaboration with Payroll and Staffing to coordinate appropriate pay coding related to absences and return to work programming.
- Assist with attendance management/absence reporting including generating attendance reports and statistics, and assisting with corporate statistical reports.
- Work in collaboration with Health & Safety Coordinator to provide assistance in health & safety file management and policy development, including auditing of incident reports for accuracy, ensuring follow-up with employees and managers regarding incident report mitigations and outcomes, closing of electronic employee incident files, and providing support with incident statistical reporting. Position may also provide coverage for general H & S functions.
- Administer, audit and support the delivery of the Psychological Health & Safety Program to employees in partnership with Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator. Position requires the incumbent to design, develop, coordinate, and evaluate related direct service and monitoring of services provided by community partners. Position will also support the Psychological Health, Safety & Wellness framework by co-chairing various groups and committees.
- Provide on-going assistance to employees and Management in person, by telephone and correspondence concerning procedures and status relating to short and long term disability leaves, WSIB, attendance management, incident reporting, wellness initiatives and related departmental policies.
- Assist with data monitoring/analysis and reporting by gathering data from various sources.
- Assist Employee Health, Safety & Wellness department and Manager with special project or committee participation as assigned, and prepare related supporting documentation.
- Post-secondary education at the Bachelor’s degree level
- Specialized training/education in the Human Resources Management or Occupational Health & Safety functions
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in Human Resources or Occupation Health and Safety
- Experience working with partners in the areas of occupational health & safety, disability management or employee wellness preferably in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated experience with conflict resolution strategies, risk management theories and adult learning principles
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, facilitation, project management and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team by quoting Job ID WC18-289. Please note: this posting will remain open until filled. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.