People and Culture Manager (Human Resources)
Are you passionate about Human Resources Management? Do you have knowledge and experience with Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, strategy development and change management? Do you enjoy implementing large scale projects & initiatives ? Would you like to work in your community supporting a great team of dedicated employees? Then Pickering Public Library is the career choice for you!
Pickering Public Library has a full-time permanent leadership opening for a People & Culture Manager with specialized experience in Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) program management. This position reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for providing expertise and oversight for all human resources functions for the library. The People & Culture manager will work with the CEO and People and Culture team to design and implement services and initiatives that align with our strategic goals and objectives. This position will serve as a champion, business partner and thought leader for all HR initiatives. Successful candidates will have experience designing and delivering innovative D&I programs, earning trust with employees and clients, and exhibit the ability to invent and simplify to translate best practices and research into action.
Salary: $88,457 annually + competitive benefits & pension The successful applicant: General Leadership:
- Establishes and maintains HR goals and programs that are consistent with the Library’s mission, values, and strategic plan.
- Provides professional and confidential HR management advice.
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I):
- Leads the development and execution of D&I programs.
- Works closely with management and employees to promote a culture of D&I.
Compensation & Benefits:
- With CEO approval, is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the job evaluation process, job classification and pay alignment and pay equity for job roles. Oversees the accuracy of time & attendance, timecard benefit accruals, payroll, pension, and group insurance benefits.
Recruitment, Health & Safety:
- With CEO approval, manages recruitment, appointment, and promotion processes that are fair, engaging, and inclusive. Works to cultivate and support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Partners with management and staff in the planning and implementation of health and safety programs including mental health and wellness.
Performance Management & Learning:
- Oversees the Library's performance management process, including the review, development and improvement of various performance management and attendance management tools.
- Serves as the lead champion for the learning organization and related orgnaizational culture matters including employee recognition.
Employee & Labour Relations:
- Guides Library managers and staff in understanding of employment law, Library policies and procedures. Monitors and reports on union and management compliance.
- Ensures organizational compliance to the collective agreement. Negotiates the collective agreement with CUPE in consultation with the CEO and legal counsel.
- With CEO consultation, represents the Library in labour and employee relations matters, including grievances, complaints, and legal issues.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree completion. CHRP/CHRL designation required.
- 3 years of HR management experience. Labour relations experience is a valuable asset.
- Management level experience and training in diversity, equity, and inclusion advisory and program implementation.
Pickering Public Library is a competency-based workplace. The Library seeks applicants with specific aptitudes (see the list of SOLS competencies https://www.sols.org/index.php/develop-your-library-staff/competencies2/competencies-index/competenciesoverviewmenu ).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A satisfactory vulnerable sector search Criminal Records Check VSC (blue form) is required for most jobs at the library. Please note that job offers will only be made upon successful completion of all background checks.
Please quote Job ID #E-1 and email your cover letter and resume to HR: email@example.com
In your cover letter, please detail your strengths and work experience.
Closing date for applications: February 11, 2019
Planned starting date: March 2019
Alternate formats available upon request. Please contact HR.