HR Communications & Project Manager
Your Work Profile; You are…
- An excellent writer and communicator who values the opportunity to contribute to and/or lead project work
- Appreciative of the opportunity to work within a collaborative team environment, focused on delivering professional, tailored, and relevant solutions for our clients as efficiently as possible
- Someone who enjoys project work and the ebb and flow it provides; some weeks are exceptionally busy and others much less so
- Appreciative of often being able to work remotely, but also have no issue with onsite customer work
- Action oriented and complimented on ability to turn around high quality work to meet a timeline
Anchor HR's mission is to make great people practices accessible to organizations of any size. Our growing team is driven by a passion for developing the leadership skills and autonomy within businesses to provide a great employee experience and drive business success.
This entrepreneurial, professional, service-based organization is looking for a human resources professional to support growth of its offer and business.
This position has variable and flexible hours. Anchor HR is growing rapidly, and this position has the potential to grow into a full-time and/or more senior role. The incumbent will work both remotely, from home, and attend meetings at customer locations.
Accessibility in the GTA is required for meetings during business hours.
- Support the organization in the research and development of human resources policies and programs to meet our customers' varied needs
- Prepare professional and compelling correspondence and evidence-based communications and training materials
- Capture and consolidate employee data, such as focus group feedback or investigation interviews, and support analysis and recommendations
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to helping clients improve their business operations and tailoring our offer to meet their precise needs
Skills and Mindset
- Excellent facility in written and oral expression to contribute to and/or lead projects, prepare reports and presentations, and consolidate diverse viewpoints
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resources, employee relations, and Canadian employment legislation
- Analytical thinking with ability to identify and prioritize issues, and then recommend alternative courses of action
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to consult with colleagues and leader for input and direction
- Ability to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to competitively, to actively seek and leverage teammates' strengths
- Highly adaptable and flexible with proven agility and ability to manage ambiguity
- Strong initiative and work ethic to effectively support customers in a professional, timely, and courteous manner
Experience and Education
- Generally requires 7+ years of experience in professional roles
- Exposure to all phases of employee life cycle in a business setting, as well as program and strategy development
- Post-secondary education in relevant areas, such as Business or Human Resources
- Experience leading workplace investigations is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Superior English communication and professional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening) as well as editing skills (grammar and formatting)
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and attention to detail
- A certificate in Adult Education and/or experience in developing training programs is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset
We look forward to learning more about your career interests and background and how they align with Anchor HR's mission!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anchor HR is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise if accommodation measures are needed to enable you in a fair and equitable manner during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.