Manager, Employee and Labour Relations
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
The MANAGER, LABOUR and EMPLOYEE RELATIONS is responsible for the design and implementation of employee and labour practices and procedures for the hospital. The Manager will lead a team meetingthe business needs of all client groups in the Hospital. The position provides leadership and guidance to Hospital leaders and leads a team of employee and labour relations professionals, to identify specific issues, ensure consistent administration of policies and collective agreements, lead collective bargaining, formulate strategies, and negotiate settlements, and overseeing arbitration process. The Manager functions in a leadership and management capacity and is responsible for employee and labour relations oversight for the Hospital. He/She will actively participate in hospital human resouces leadership and foster communication with other human resources modalities.
- Degree in a related field, CHRP/CHRL designation required
- Leadership experience required
- Labour management experience required
- Experience in leading local collective bargaining and negotiation preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- 5 years demonstrated experience working in human resources employee and labour relations with a proven expertise in labour relations
- Experience working in Human Resources Employee and Labour Relations capacity in hospital or comparable environment would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of conflict resolution theory and practice
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain constructive relationships with clients and union partners
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiation settlements in a complex union environment with multiple unions.
- Expert knowledge of relevant Ontario employment legislation
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team dealing with multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Excellent presentation skills the ability to facilitate in-house training
- Sound knowledge and Customer service orientation and sensitivity to clients needs
- Working knowledge of MS Office software programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides labour relations consulting and training to Hospital leadership
- Researches and responds to grievances following a thorough investigation of the issue(s)
- Oversee the Hospital’s Labour Relations related cases, mediation and arbitration strategy, coordination and planning
- Prepares for, leads, and assists with the arbitration process
- Responsible for administration, application and interpretation of multiple collective agreements
- Provide advice and recommendations options for resolving issues and grievances.
- Ensures consistent application of Hospital policies and applicable collective agreements
- Works with staff and other colleague(s) fostering and supporting a team environment
- Prepares reports and presentations as required
Salary $95,833 to $107,817 per year