HR Analyst (Bilingual English/French)
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do―it is our legacy. Our core values―respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion―guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for questions and issues regarding HR related policies and procedure (i.e. on boarding, benefits and engagement initiatives, staffing, training, separations, transfers, etc.). Answer inbound calls, emails, and provide support to identify, analyze and educate customers on additional informational resources available.
• Responsible for the activities of HR support involving hiring, dismissals, vacations, leaves, transfers, and the other HR processes.
• Maintain employee records in a human resources information system (HRIS) so that information is timely, accurate, and secure.
• Respond to enquiries from managers and external agencies (i.e. government departments) about individual information, without compromising the organization's standards of privacy and confidentiality.
• Achieve performance measures and adhere to established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Act as a subject matter expert (SME) in the relevant area of expertise to support the wider HR Shared Services team.
• Ensure implementation and utilization of policies, procedures, and programs dealing with the specific HR activities.
• Participate and deploy global Smiths HR initiatives and projects to support the achievement of HR Shared Services objectives as well as proactively supporting continuous improvement initiatives in HR areas.
• Ensure accurate and up-to-date employee information within the Shared Services Center.
• Design, generate, and distribute queries, reports, and statistical summaries related to HR metrics.
• Complete data entry and maintenance of relevant HRIS technology.
• Assist in the coordination of large scale organizational changes and provide both administration and face-to-face support.
• Ownership of projects on an ad-hoc basis that may often require engagement with a variety of HR teams.
• Other responsibilities as required (i.e. Payroll, Reward Support, etc.).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high professional standards for customer service and work quality.
• Knowledge and experience in technologies, tools and applications, such as ADP products, HRIS systems, SAP.
• Thorough knowledge of concepts and practices within the HR function and compliance requirements.
• Excellent problem solving skills with high levels of verbal and numerical reasoning.
• Able to plan and deliver the designated work objectives of the role according to the respective project deadline requirements and SLA's.
• Ability to work effectively in situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Manage day to day cases to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Required to comply with all applicable practices and documentation.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Preferred, or recognized qualification/certification in Human Resources.
• Prior HR Generalist or HR Representative experience preferred.
• Prior HR Shared Services experience preferred.
• Prior HRIS and customer service experience supporting multi-site or remote clients.
• Fluency in English preferred.
• Fluency in other relevant regional languages preferred.
John Crane Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.