Human Resources Manager - Brampton
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Markham dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for consumers. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed food products, we are always looking to the future. Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey and chicken products.
Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy, Quality Meats, Zam Zam, San Benedetto, Rio Mare and Lavazza. We have over 21 National locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan with over 4600 employees.
The HR Manager plays a critical role on the Plant Management Team by acting as the go to HR leader for both our management team and our employees. Reporting into the Goreway Plant Manager, with support from the Senior Director, HR Operations and Employee and Labour Relations, the HR Manger is accountable for the day-to-day operations of Human Resources, including Labour Relations, for our Goreway and Humberline plants as well as the Humberline DC.
- In collaboration with the three local leaders, and other key stakeholders, develop and implement annual HR plans that address key business objectives
- Lead the recruitment and selection processes for hourly/salaried employees in accordance with set standards
- Manage the administration of our collective agreement Lead grievance meetings and support the supervisors with responses and potential settlements
- Partner with Labour Relations and legal counsel for arbitrations and/or other administrative body proceedings including human rights
- Track, analyze and report on key HR metrics and make recommendations on action, if required
- Lead the investigation process including report drafting and communication of the results
- Identify, develop and deliver training/communications to supervisors, lead hands and hourly employees; along with mandatory annual training
- Manage Labour/Management Meetings & Manage Attendance Management Program
- Assist and prepare for CA negotiations
- Participate in Plant Management meetings offering insight and solutions for human resource issues that have impact to the plant/business
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR including experience in labour relations. A degree in Business, LR or HR a definite asset
- Thorough knowledge of Labour Relations, Human Rights and Employment Standards and their application
- Comfortable in developing and executing plans and promoting ideas
- Excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to influence
- Recruitment experience for hourly and salaried positions with demonstrated experience coming up with creative solutions to fill key roles