Labour Relations Consultant
Labour Relations Consultant
Start Date: TBD
Salary: Category 3 - $76,533 - $81,419/year
Job Posting: 19-003
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board offers dynamic, high quality educational programs for nearly 33,000 elementary, secondary and adult students in the 100 schools within our jurisdiction. As part of our strategy to provide on-going support for our schools, the Board is now accepting resumes from qualified applicants for the full-time position of Labour Relations Consultant.
Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board offers eligible employees a comprehensive employee pension (OMERS) and benefit package upon start date, a commitment to ongoing learning and an exceptional work environment.
In this position, you will join a team of Labour Relations Consultants who provide strategic advice to Board management on a broad range of labour relations matters including progressive discipline, performance management, attendance management, conflict and dispute resolution, workplace investigations and application of collective agreement, policy and / or relevant legislation for a designated client group based on geography (Peterborough, Northumberland, or Clarington).
- Administer collective agreements by advising Principals, Vice-Principals, Managers, Supervisors, union representatives, and employees regarding the interpretation and application of agreements to promote understanding, compliance, and positive relations.
- Advise and counsel within the HR Department on interpretation and administration of collective agreements, legislation and related human resources practices.
- Advise and counsel Superintendents, Principals, Vice-Principals, Managers / Supervisors with respect to the progressive discipline and performance management process by recommending appropriate course of action.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to support labour relations matters.
- Advise and counsel to Principals, Vice-Principals, Managers, Supervisors on the Board’s attendance awareness program, including advising on the approval of short-term leave absences.
- Prepare correspondence for Principals, Vice-Principals, Managers / Supervisors pertaining to collective agreement administration, such as grievance responses, investigative meeting questions, disciplinary letters, etc.
- Prepare reports and correspondence for the Ontario College of Teachers and/or Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators as required.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Labour Relations and Staffing, responsible for the administration of the Board’s workplace harassment complaint process, which may involve coordinating a formal investigation process.
- Support grievance and arbitration processes by providing background research, preparing correspondence, making recommendations, coordinating meetings, participate in grievance/mediation/arbitration process as assigned.
- Promote and maintain a positive problem-solving environment with the union through active and regular participation in Labour/Management and other Joint Committees (including acting as Chair where requested), and through formal and informal meetings with union representatives.
- Support job evaluation processes as required.
- Develop, implement and present in-service training on labour relations matters.
- Act as a member of the Board’s Negotiation Committee(s) and provide support in the collective bargaining process, including research of issues, assisting with development of proposals and costing.
- Collaborate across HR functions to achieve strategic priorities and provide integrated HR solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate (i.e. university, college or technical training) completed in Human Resource Management, or equivalent education.
- Human Resources Management Designation (CHRL, CHRP, or equivalent) is considered an asset.
- Three to five years of related experience working in a progressive Human Resources environment (public sector environment is preferred).
Specialized Skills Required:
- Experience working in a unionized environment, preferably in a multi-collective agreement workplace.
- Advanced knowledge in the administration and interpretation of collective agreements.
- A commitment to service excellence.
- Capacity to contribute solutions to complex situations.
- Effective coaching, mentoring, conflict resolution and relationship management skills.
- Superior written, presentation and verbal skills
- Advanced computer skills and experience in word processing, spreadsheet, data-bases, and integrated payroll personnel system or equivalent software programs.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a letter of application and a complete resume stating qualifications, accompanied by references and proof of all certifications. Applications can be emailed to Cheryl_Gzik@kprdsb.ca and must be received on or before noon, Friday, February 22, 2019.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board fully supports those candidates with disabilities as they undergo our recruitment and selection procedures. Should you require accommodations during all or any part of these processes, please contact the Board in advance so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
KPRDSB is committed to a workforce that is representative of the diversity of the people of Ontario and across the communities we serve. KPRDSB encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
A police records check, with a Vulnerable Sector Search and Pardoned Sexual Offenders Database Search, dated within 6 months prior to the date of hire, is a requirement for employment with this Board. Please note that there have been reports that it has taken some candidates up to 6 weeks to obtain a police check. With that in mind, we strongly recommend that you go about obtaining this search at your earliest convenience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Other Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario